PDA

View Full Version : re: aftermarket mirrors

mitsulova
08-29-2002, 04:07 PM
Does anyone know if theres any m3 or other tye of aftermarket mirrors that fit the galant with out any serious bodyshop mods?????.... please advise...lata guys. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

pinoyesv6
08-29-2002, 04:27 PM
they have these

http://129.2.4.218/TGC%20Files/TGCTutorials/bodykits/gana2.jpg

good luck finding them. here's a tip, they're in japan[/url]

blakstarz73
08-30-2002, 07:10 AM
I was at a car show recently and there was this guy selling "stick-on" LED blinkers that has adhesive on the back that you can stick on the mirrors. All you have to do is drill a little jole in the mirror and run the wires to the turn signals. I can't remember the name od them, but I'm sure you can find it on the web or mention it at your local speed shop.

GalantLadie
08-30-2002, 09:59 AM
I was at a car show recently and there was this guy selling "stick-on" LED blinkers that has adhesive on the back that you can stick on the mirrors. All you have to do is drill a little jole in the mirror and run the wires to the turn signals. I can't remember the name od them, but I'm sure you can find it on the web or mention it at your local speed shop.

i know what ur talking about, i have seen them on ebay, i would like ot see if anyone really has them installed on there galant and if it is worth it

Fishboy55
08-30-2002, 11:28 AM
If you do a search on " Mirror Lights" You'll find all the info you need. Yes, someone has them installed.

Chip

NRG
08-30-2002, 11:33 AM
I totally disagree with the LED or any lights for that matter on the mirrors. Its got to be the stupidest design or idea ever. I don't know about you guys but when I turn, I rely on both my head turning around to check for traffic and the mirrors. So as I am turning, I am looking into the mirror and all I will see is this blinking light shining at me. I can't even see the mirror anymore. In my book, that is dangerous. I am sure in the day time it would probably be ok but at night, that think will glow.

Thats just my 2 cents.......

Fishboy55
08-30-2002, 12:29 PM
I totally disagree with the LED or any lights for that matter on the mirrors. Its got to be the stupidest design or idea ever. I don't know about you guys but when I turn, I rely on both my head turning around to check for traffic and the mirrors. So as I am turning, I am looking into the mirror and all I will see is this blinking light shining at me. I can't even see the mirror anymore. In my book, that is dangerous. I am sure in the day time it would probably be ok but at night, that think will glow.

Thats just my 2 cents.......
I wondered about that too. The other thing that bothered me is that it's not hidden inside the mirror, it's actually glued on the mirror, and I think that would be distracting as hell as well as impair overall vision in the mirror. I don't need anymore blind spots.

Chip

Tazz2000
08-30-2002, 12:36 PM
How about these?

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/425b1996/bc/General/LED+Blinkers.jpg?bcqlzl9ADDS9bwTK

I still want them. But I don't remember who had the hookup/information on them. I have some information here on my computer, but there was one guy on the old board that had a guy that could order them for $127 per set. We had to paint them, but hey, that's cool with me.

Gizmo
08-30-2002, 12:43 PM
How about putting a couple of led"s behind the mirrors and have it "glow" when you put your turn signal on? I was thinking about this it shouldn't be too hard and since the led"s are behing the mirror they wouldn't blind you.

Tazz2000
08-30-2002, 12:48 PM
I found the information on those lights.

$120.73
DH - prot - st

That's what shows up in the USDM computers. They said they WON'T order it for me because it was not offered on the USDM Galants.

Here is the Part No. : MZ569439
...that they used to pull it up both the guy on here, and the dealership. :thumbsup: if the person that pulled it up on here origionally could do that again, I would be greatfull.

Strahan
08-30-2002, 01:03 PM
I don't like the led-on/in-mirror type, I like the LED on the outside front of the mirror better personally. I wouldn't mind LED in mirror if it's very unobtrusive.

Fishboy55
08-30-2002, 03:32 PM
How about putting a couple of led"s behind the mirrors and have it "glow" when you put your turn signal on? I was thinking about this it shouldn't be too hard and since the led"s are behing the mirror they wouldn't blind you. True for the passenger mirror because it's translucent, but the drivers mirror is opaque, so you couldn't make the led shine through it. You'd have to replace it or scrape the coating off the inside. On the old board, someone actually made a circuit with wiring diagrams and the works for how to do it.

Chip

Gizmo
08-30-2002, 04:19 PM
True for the passenger mirror because it's translucent, but the drivers mirror is opaque, so you couldn't make the led shine through it. You'd have to replace it or scrape the coating off the inside. On the old board, someone actually made a circuit with wiring diagrams and the works for how to do it.

Chip

I didn't necessarly mean that the led should shine through the mirror but just light the edges of the mirror so you could get that glow effect. So basically the inside housing of the mirror would light up, and what would be seen is the edges of the mirror.

mrjaydeeone
08-31-2002, 10:46 AM
just wanna add my 2cents..the set blackstar is talking about adhere to the mirror housing...not the mirror itself...and only people in front of the car can see them

757Boyzgtz
09-02-2002, 02:23 PM
i was talkin to a guy in richmond, va last week and he said that the m3 mirrors for the galants is still in production. he didnt say how long it would take for them to come out. im not even sure if he knows what he was talkin bout. ill check back with him in a month or so. btw does anybody know if the eclipse m3 lights would fit our cars.

99DE
09-13-2002, 07:09 PM
I contacted the owner of http://www.sigmaautomotive.com/ ('http://www.sigmaautomotive.com/') to see what kind of price for these mirrors a piece and a price for a group buy. I'll post in Group buy when I get the information.