PDA

View Full Version : exhaust set up

leadfoot
06-15-2003, 11:58 AM
what muffler should i go with. im going to get a 3 inch pipe from the header back and i would like ideas for muffler apps. i was thinking skunk2 but i dont know if they fit. the reason why im geting the 3 inch is becasue i will be geting the SDS.

Fishboy55
06-15-2003, 12:15 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(leadfoot)</div><div class='quotemain'>what muffler should i go with. im going to get a 3 inch pipe from the header back and i would like ideas for muffler apps. i was thinking skunk2 but i dont know if they fit. the reason why im geting the 3 inch is becasue i will be geting the SDS.</div>

If you're getting the SDS, why are you ordering the AMSS headers instead of the Ripp headers from Ross?

I'd speak to him and get his recommendations for both headers and a muffler. Since he is in a constate cycle of R&D (Thank you Ross) he knows at any given moment what works best with his system. If you're gonna drop the 5 large on the SDS, may as well talk to the builder and get his advice. It's included in the purchase price.

leadfoot
06-15-2003, 01:08 PM
the kit come with header? it was amss/ ripp if im not mistaken

ewgiii
06-15-2003, 01:19 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(leadfoot)</div><div class='quotemain'>what muffler should i go with. im going to get a 3 inch pipe from the header back and i would like ideas for muffler apps. i was thinking skunk2 but i dont know if they fit. the reason why im geting the 3 inch is becasue i will be geting the SDS.</div>

If you're getting the SDS, why are you ordering the AMSS headers instead of the Ripp headers from Ross?

I'd speak to him and get his recommendations for both headers and a muffler. Since he is in a constate cycle of R&D (Thank you Ross) he knows at any given moment what works best with his system. If you're gonna drop the 5 large on the SDS, may as well talk to the builder and get his advice. It's included in the purchase price.</div>
5 large!?!?!?! I thought it was 3 and some change!!!!!?????!?!?!?! :evil: oh well, their goes my SDS dreams!!! 3 grand, maybe, 5? can't afford it in two years!

8ggalant
06-15-2003, 01:22 PM
well yea bro...3 n change for the system....then theres extras...maybe shipping...labor n tuning... other nick nacks...probly would total up to 5 grand...tahts why im rebuildin my 4 cyl with turbo...still under 4 so far but im still collectin pieces and it doesnt look like it'll go any where over 4gs

VegasMatt
06-15-2003, 01:53 PM
Yeah the kit itself is approx. 3700 plus install and tuning and youre close or over 5gz.

I'd go with 3 inch pipe from the header back, im getting that done this week.