PDA

View Full Version : RPW rules....

DJRINC18
06-15-2003, 03:20 PM
I'm now officially broke. I finally ordered my header and cat from vision. I think it will be a good $600+ investment. I will post pics and a review in about two weeks when it's supposed to get here. I'm so excited!

VegasMatt
06-15-2003, 10:14 PM
Good luck with that, I ordered mine and put them on a month ago and they didnt fit.

I had my shop extend them by an inch. When I contacted vision and told them they didnt fit and asked for some of my money back, they said Sorry I am S.O.L.

Also, when I first received my headers and they didnt fit, I shipped them back to Vision and I was told that the shipping cost would be refunded to me. After a year went by before I received my headers, I asked Vision where is my money, and they wanted me to show proof I shipped them back. I was like, that was over a year ago, I didnt keep that info. I told Matt it was fifty bucks, but now they want proof. Its just pure BS after another!

DJRINC18
06-15-2003, 10:23 PM
I've read that most of the 7Gers that got them haven't had a problem. I'm pretty much redoing the entire exhaust system from manifold to muffler so I'm hoping that I won't really have much of a problem. Thanks for the heads up though!

brandon
06-16-2003, 12:08 PM
$600+ ???

I thought the header was now around $400... cat maybe a $100?

I'm thinking I might try an Eclipse header instead off ebay... seems to be a cheaper route.

krazienluv10
06-16-2003, 02:25 PM
when i got it it was 460 think with shipping, and i had a problem too... stupid headers didnt fit the screws, the side screws were alot bigger and the predrilled holes was to fit the smaller screws, soo pretty much i had to drill the smaller holes to make it larger, ohhh well its in now ....

95vegasgalant
06-16-2003, 02:45 PM
:twisted: 600 and it dont fit how come you think I dont have one can you even feel the difference :twisted:

DJRINC18
06-17-2003, 12:11 AM
It's $600 for the header, cat, and three day shipping. Vision assured me that there was fitment problems in the past but RPW has corrected them. It's kinda irrelevant to me anyways since I'm redoing the entire exhaust. And for clarification purposes I knocked a couple of resonators of my stock intake and felt a difference so you will most definately feel a difference adding the header.

4G64
06-17-2003, 01:39 AM
adding a header will definitely help with performance.. the car pulls a lot stronger now... and it purrs at high end.... and believe it or not.. I think it help with my gas milage as well... and if you do an entire exhaust from manifold back.. then u will definitely feel a big gain... I just wish our slushbox tranny is a bit stronger... but yeah.. after your exhaust system is done.. u will love it.. cuz I absolutely love mine.. btw... what kinda muffler r u getting?

DJRINC18
06-17-2003, 05:48 AM
I'm getting an HKS Carbon-Titanium universal muffler. It's a bit on the expensive side but it's the best sounding/looking muffler I can find!