PDA

View Full Version : suspension bushings?

houz
08-29-2002, 05:55 PM
anyone of you guys know where to get a complete set of bushing for our cars.... i have 95 and need to replace several bushings mainly the control arms...

TJC
08-29-2002, 06:48 PM
Try EnergySuspension.com ('http://www.energysuspension.com'). You can also try your local autoparts store. The other day I was at AutoZone and was surprised to see all kinds of rubber and urethane bushings but it's messy and I think you have to know the exact size you want. I didn't see any reference charts.

Galant Ryder
08-30-2002, 02:17 AM
i recently had to change my upper control arms in the rear because of the bushings. i was told that you can replace th bushings and you had to replace the whole part. the shop i went to is a family friend so i doubt they are lying. but if you find the correct bushings andactually replae it on let me know. ill feel very dumb speding $300 for nothing. :?

TJC
08-30-2002, 10:40 PM
And here's another company that makes suspension components. Prothane.com ('http://www.prothane.com')

95vegasgalant
09-01-2002, 02:05 AM
:twisted: Theres always a way to take the bushing off but press work which means putting about 8 tons of pressure into that part remember that part wasnt in there before they put it together :twisted:

Kain
09-03-2002, 08:38 AM
Most shops just don't mess with changing just the bushings, since the bushings are expensive, it is time extensive to change them out, there is a risk of braking the rods, and the whole new part is generally cheaper in the long run. However if you're doing it yourself, a blowtorch makes quick work of the old bushings (be sure to wear a breath mask, the fumes are VERY toxic. Also do it out doors there will be ALOT of smoke) Than just press in the new bushings, and if you care about appearances repaint the rods as the torch will remove the paint. Also, wear gloves or you will burn your hands. The hardest part will be actually finding the bushings for the Galant, as the Eclipse suspension is slightly diffrent from the Galant suspension. And I don't know how many parts are interchangable.

MiniSpdRcr
09-05-2002, 04:09 PM
The Hyper flex bushings just slip right in...you can do a whole car in 3-5 hours. Or faster depending on how much you know.