PDA

View Full Version : Colored Map Lights

BigMike
06-18-2003, 10:22 AM
I bought some dome lights for my 8G, but they turned out to be the wrong ones...I'm looking for colored lights to go where the map lights are....Do they even make them??? or do i have to do something like color that little plastic light?....

The lights I have are red dome lights that fit a 7G, if anyone is interested

pinoyesv6
06-18-2003, 10:32 AM
its hard to find aftermarket bulbs for our dome light that don't resemble stock. what many members have done is to modify other sizes of bulbs so that they will have the lil hooks in the end so that they can put it in the dome lamp. other things u can do is paint the existing bulb u have, maybe slip on a gel cap. or hell if u got lots of time on your hands put some neon bars or LED's in there.

BigMike
06-18-2003, 01:00 PM
Thanks Pinoy...guess i'll give these other lights to someone else

PUNISHER
06-18-2003, 04:58 PM
dye it, with RIT fabric dye it will cost you 1.00 and take 4 hrs of your time but the finished product looks like it was made that way. i can give you a tutorial if you want.

TITAN
06-18-2003, 05:02 PM
dye it, with RIT fabric dye it will cost you 1.00 and take 4 hrs of your time but the finished product looks like it was made that way. i can give you a tutorial if you want.

yes, give me one too!!!!

BigMike
06-18-2003, 08:55 PM

Yeah send me the tutorial, Evil

PUNISHER
06-19-2003, 05:43 PM
o.k. i have been working late hear the last few days i will post a tutorial saterday on how to dye your domelights, ashtray and centerconsole lid cover.(those are the only ones i have dyed so far. i do not have a digital camera so there will not be any pics. hopefully if someone does this they can put pics with it.