PDA

View Full Version : Warping

Funkdog
06-18-2003, 11:27 AM
I've read countless threads on the warping of the 8g rotors... forgive me if I missed it and ask a question that's been asked before.

How do you know if they are warped? And when you go ahead and get some decent rotors, did you guys just replace the front ones? I got a 6 so I have discs all around, do the back ones warp too? Just curious as it seems like a pretty universal problem and switching to decent rotors looks like a must.

thanks.

D03GTZ
06-18-2003, 06:50 PM
the biggest clue would be your foot(from the pedal) vibrating or pulsating when you press the brake pedal
to check to see if the rears are warped, pull the ebrake slightly at about 30 or so and see feel for vibrations

escoson
06-18-2003, 06:53 PM
i know this is semi-off topic but it is useful 411...

something to think about:

lets say your stoping for a red light or stop sign and while breaking the car pulls to the right or left side. this is not due to any problems with the car but the groves in the road from use. i just wanted to state that since alot of people think something is wrong with their car when it is truly the road tha has the problem.

Calipso
06-18-2003, 07:01 PM
i've gone through 1 set of rotors (Keep in mind I bought the Galant used with 25k miles on it.) Now it has 42k miles on it. Rotors seem to fuck up alot on the 8G. I recommend getting VERY GOOD brake pads that will last.

Funkdog
06-19-2003, 02:47 AM
Yeah I tend to get alittle wobble in the steering wheel at like 60-70, might have been 20 west though, pretty crappy road.