PDA

View Full Version : This is going to sound crazy.....

chronic69
06-19-2003, 01:21 PM
Okay, I want your feedback and thoughts on this one. If you hate the idea, that's okay, just don't be too brutal. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

I've done window tinting before, but for my '00 G I came up with a unique idea regarding window tint. See, I don't like those big diamond stickers made out of vinyl that cover up the window. I like seeing out the back. I've already figured out how to do it, but I'm not sure how well it will actually look when I'm done.

I want to tint all the windows with 30% smoke gray which is what I believe the maximum tint for SC is. I like the red tint, at 35% and want to put the mitsu logo in my back window with red tint, surrounded by regular smoke gray. So the Red Diamonds on a Smoke background, all done with window tint so as to see through it.

Yeah or Nay?

GaLaNtKeV99
06-19-2003, 01:30 PM
It sounds interesting i thought that b4 but never had the balls to do it. Hey try it if it looks good keep it if not than dont. Wat do u lose if try ?

Tiptronic
06-19-2003, 01:31 PM
original

jluv97
06-19-2003, 01:33 PM
I like that idea, but there is one change that I would make. To be sure that you don't have any light showing through the seams, I would put on the Diamond star then tint the entire back window. That should be more durable as well.

galantv600
06-19-2003, 01:49 PM
I like that idea, but there is one change that I would make. To be sure that you don't have any light showing through the seams, I would put on the Diamond star then tint the entire back window. That should be more durable as well.

basically do wat he said and it will come out better... and you have to worry bout maybe the logo coming off since it is loose and not a hwole one piee... like my brothers 3000gt back window had to be done with 2 pieces of tint.... and it starts peeling in the parts were they join together.,... other than that itd be bad ass!

Niytrus
06-19-2003, 01:55 PM
hey man, this is going to be alot easier... the other day I was looking for galant parts on ebay, and I saw a large mitsu logo decal for sale, so I checked it out. Apparantly what it was, was actuall tint that is installed just like tint. It said to have a professional do it. You could see through it as well. So if I were you I would check that out. Would be pretty easy to do in my opinion, it wasnt in red, but maybe that can get one in red tint for you. Let me know what you decide to do.

TheRealDeal
06-19-2003, 02:12 PM
very original

Censee
06-19-2003, 04:27 PM
i think 2k2mitsu has something like that on his small rear window,,,u should ask him for pics....looks tight.....

mrjaydeeone
06-19-2003, 05:27 PM
It sounds interesting i thought that b4 but never had the balls to do it. Hey try it if it looks good keep it if not than dont. Wat do u lose if try ?

agreed

PUNISHER
06-19-2003, 05:40 PM
i have a 00 chevy s10 with custom flame tint and this is how it is done: the put the tint that is going to be the flames or diamond star on first smooth it out and let it set then they put a template of the picture up on the window and cut the tint to the picture, and then tint the whole window over with whatever tint you want to and smooth it out and let it set. it leaves a halo around the logo or picture but it looks real good. but i would let a profesional do it. it is really hard to get it.