PDA

View Full Version : Help me with mirror lights PLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

esco_2003
06-20-2003, 10:08 PM
Im at work right now and IM trying to put my mirror lights I bought at ebay, anyway I searched and searched and there is no tutorial on intalling these bad boys....

andway I need to know which wires I splice into,, first I read the fuse box then the turn signals well which one is it?

If I splice directly from the corner lights there is three wires I think it is green red and black, There is only two wires on the lights I bought black and black with a white line help me plz...

before my boss comes back and sees my car in the warehouse!!!!!!!!!!!11111

Fishboy55
06-20-2003, 10:52 PM
You want to splice into the corner lights. One wire is ground, usually black. That goes to the black wire on the mirror lights. One of the other wires is for your blinker, the other is for the parking light. The best way to determine is to use a meter and turn on your parking lights. The one that has twelve volts is the wire you want to tap. Connect it to the other wire of the mirror lights.

If you don't have a meter, get a sturdy needle or pin and jam it through one of the corner light wires. Wrap the non-black wire of the mirror light around the pin. Connect the ground wire of the mirror lights to some screw or metal part of the body. Turn on your parking lights. If the mirror light comes on, tap the other wire.

Hope that helps.

Chip

esco_2003
06-20-2003, 11:00 PM
What if I just want the lights to light up when I use the turn signal.in other words I dont what it to stay on with my corner blinkers.