PDA

View Full Version : mad from my 94 galant.

galant_speed
06-22-2003, 08:27 AM
i was out with my bro last night driving slowly "speed limit" all of a sudden, a little piece of shit civic comes next to me a slows down so that i can race it, will his car was done up anyways, i floored my car but the civic passed me as i wasnt even trying. What the fuck do u think the problem might be with my car. i only got a performance exhust and 2.5" piping all they way from the converter. I want my car to be fast but i dont know what the problem is. I feel as if my car doesnt have the stock number of hp, i think my car only has 130 + exhust. thats about it.

laosboyroy
06-22-2003, 11:27 AM
I feel for ya man I get my assed whipped from integs and accords and civics. they got all the aftermarket support inside and out so yah they gonna get us. galant engines arent as capable of higher hp as the honda engines anyway and thats why i hate my galant. :cry:

MidNightRacing
06-22-2003, 12:21 PM
first off you only have an exaust? You wont increase your hp by more then 10 (if that much) try and do more performance stuff before you actually race. I learned it the hard way like you too. I got beat by a 89 CRX with a exaust and intake I only have a intake. Not to mention the crx was like half the weight of the G.

seth98esT
06-22-2003, 12:32 PM
theres no point in just getting exhaust, you will loose back pressure(i.e. torque) and feel slower than u did when u had stock exhaust. you have to get something to compliment the exhaust. could start w/ cai, cam, cam gear, headers, turbo(great choice https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif), ect..

galant_speed
06-22-2003, 12:57 PM
W0uld it be possilbe that one of my piston are fucked?? cuz i have a 142800 miles on my car

Moosh
06-22-2003, 02:24 PM
Wow thats a lot of miles. Get your compression checked if you think something is wrong with your engine.

krazienluv10
06-22-2003, 03:59 PM
dont worry dude youll get used to it, try modding ur car more...

galant_speed
06-22-2003, 07:33 PM
man i promise all of you guys to get my car fast :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: , i will do it and my next step is a swap in a week or so. and i will never give up to a civic in my life again.

asalem97
06-22-2003, 11:01 PM
Well I got a CAI and a muffler (no cat back yet) on my 97 and I've beat a stock '00 accord, a '92 accord that seemed stock and a '93 probe v6 with a WAI and cat back (I really dont know how that happened) but last night my friend in his '03 dodge neon rental car had me by like 2 feet most. Whats the deal with that? neons are supposed to be slow, right. That really put me down alot.

krazienluv10
06-22-2003, 11:08 PM
hehe at least u guys have beaten other car, with me, i havent won a car ever, :x great..... just... great.... :cry:

packer13
06-27-2003, 11:00 AM
is having a stick better than having a auto? i just put a CAI and looking for a exhuast but waiting to buy a cat back system...still lookoing https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif

Moosh
06-27-2003, 11:22 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(asalem97)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well I got a CAI and a muffler (no cat back yet) on my 97 and I've beat a stock '00 accord, a '92 accord that seemed stock and a '93 probe v6 with a WAI and cat back (I really dont know how that happened) but last night my friend in his '03 dodge neon rental car had me by like 2 feet most. Whats the deal with that? neons are supposed to be slow, right. That really put me down alot.</div>

Neons are lighter than our cars and some of the sporty models have more stock horsepower than our I4 Galants