View Full Version : want to do some mods

galant_speed
06-22-2003, 09:26 AM
hi guys, i have 94 galant, well i was out last night driving according the the speed limit when out of no where a pimped up civic shows next to me, well, he tryied to race me. While i was driving next to him, i floored my car and he floord his, the thing is the race wasnt even close he passed me as if i wasnt trying at all. what can i do to get my car a little faster. The only mod i have on the car is an exhust with 2.5' piping from converter. I also feel that my car doesnt have the original 141 hp that it came with from the factory. What can i do to see if my hps are still there and not lost???

any help would be great.

MidNightRacing
06-22-2003, 12:32 PM
If you wanna see how much hp you have find a place that has a dyno. Look around for a intake, headers, how bout lightining your car c.f hood, strip the trunk take out ya seat expt the drivers seat) turbo, head swap, engine swap.

HeadAche
06-22-2003, 01:54 PM
When you get beat like that you will never feel that your car has power.. If you just have an exhuast with the the 2.5" in pipping which is actually pretty big for your motor.. Get an intake makes your car breathe a lot better, get your headers... If you dyno it now, you will just waste money to find out your lost power//

galant_speed
06-22-2003, 02:47 PM
what is dyno

mseayjr
06-23-2003, 12:53 AM
What kind of galant is it? ex. gs, s, es.

jluv97
06-23-2003, 02:52 PM
what is dyno

A Dynojet machine is used to calculate the wheel horsepower (tope end)and torque (low end power) of a car. Typically you pay to use them by the hour. By tuning on a Dyno you can set up your car for optimum power for the way that you drive.

chewbaca
06-27-2003, 03:57 PM
Headache, you said to get an intake. If I'm not going to do CAI then what type or brand of intake should I look for?

sabzi5858
06-27-2003, 11:25 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>

A Dynojet machine is used to calculate the wheel horsepower (tope end)and torque (low end power) of a car. Â*Typically you pay to use them by the hour. Â*By tuning on a Dyno you can set up your car for optimum power for the way that you drive.</div>

horsepower is not high end power, nor is torque low end power... horsepower is a function of torque and RPM. to get horsepower, torque is multiplied by rpm and divided by 5,252. read here http://www.howstuffworks.com/horsepower.htm ('http://www.howstuffworks.com/horsepower.htm') for more info

2True
06-28-2003, 04:31 AM
Interesting :eureka: