PDA

View Full Version : are my shocks blown

NightHawkTL
06-23-2003, 11:43 AM
hey guys.. I think my shocks are blown but I'm in denial... whenever I go over a bumpy road I try and listen to the suspension and i hear like ticking and minor clanging.. but the thing is the shocks are still soft.. but i know that there has been a difference lately... if so I now have to get the KYB's.. and BTW i am not dropped but I do have springs waiting for the shocks and install.. thanks

Danger DANJ
06-23-2003, 01:48 PM
How many miles are on your car? I'd check to see if the front sway bar or something came loose. I doubt your front struts blew out, unless you have alot of miles on the car. Plus, when I was driving for like 6 months with my front struts blown, I never heard any clanging sounds.

NightHawkTL
06-23-2003, 02:36 PM
the suspension hasn't been changed at all since I got the car.. but I have 62k already.. and I figured at 60k suspension should be changed...

Bad Galant
06-24-2003, 07:13 PM
The way I found out that my shocks and struts where blown was I had a lot of play in the suspension. When you lower your car your ride feels alot stiffer. But when your shocks and struts are blown your ride feels almost soft again, dont forget rough and bouncy. If you can go to the rear of your car and push down on the trunk lid with some of your added weight and it bounces easily, than your shocks are out. Not as easy in the front because your struts are alot bigger than the rear shocks. Hope this helps a little. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

mrjaydeeone
06-24-2003, 07:18 PM
my left front strut had blown out at around 32000 miles
the car was very bouncy
and the left front of the car seemed to be sagging

Auto-9
06-24-2003, 11:41 PM
and the left front of the car seemed to be sagging
Remember though ride height will almost never have anything to do with the struts/shocks, especially if they're blown. How I found out was when I was putting my OEM springs back onto the car...there was oil everywhere.