PDA

View Full Version : Rev Limtiter /ECU reporgramming

cdaw2001ES
06-23-2003, 07:23 PM
I've been searching for some way to remove, or adjust the rev limiter. I have seen posts that say this elusive mod can be found, but where. TMO wont do a 3G/8G, Jet Chip wont take off the rev limiter, and all piggy backs that say they can - also say you need to turn off the one in the ecu first.....
TMO says change out the ecu to a 2G, well .... to bad are ecu is also the tcu and our tranny no worky w/o it. <-- this also keeps us from running a true standalone.

Aside from doing a full drivetrain swap - is there any solution,
Or our we limited the the 6K range forever?

UncleMeat
06-23-2003, 09:45 PM
a piggy back system will let you take off the speed governor, since you have an automatic, you dont really take the rev limiter off

but the greddy emanagement will let you do that, and you can keep the ecu in there so your tranny wont be sad lol

cdaw2001ES
06-23-2003, 10:48 PM
Are you sure the E mange will do that. Another - emanage specific board (but nobody with a Mitsu there) said that the emanage would allow you to reset a boost cut limiter, not a rev limiter

Greddy's site is scant on real details
but I found the manuals at a different site, and sadly - no mention of the rev limiter.

UncleMeat
06-24-2003, 03:20 AM
im not sure about the rev limiter, like i said, but i know it takes out your speed governor

since u are automatic tho, you would have something that tells the tcu not to shift at 6500

its not like a motor with a manual tranny

it would only shiw a difference in your fourth final gear at the end

cdaw2001ES
06-24-2003, 04:22 AM
I tend to manually shift when I need to get the grove on.
I need to up the RPMS so that I can pop of of 3rd and still be in my powerband in 4th. Also want to improve my first in to second as well
Right now, I've learned to switch just before the rev limiter kicks in, but it's just a little below where I want to be. My mods have moved my powerband up. The full engine rebuild and SDS will take it even farther. I'll be balanced to 8000.
There is a glimmer of hope though, aparently w/ a MUT-II it might be possible to flash a new "bios" in to our pcm, that give the ability to raise or remove the limiters. But - I Know my dealers is going to throw a fit, and tell me to atleast wait till the warranty is up (in August)

I made my choice to level ten my tranny, instead of the manual swap. For my aplication ~ the gearing and the fact it is automatic when I want it to be overwhelm the questionable benifits on a manual on a FI car.
I've seen 3 speed dodge autos(level ten'd) pull low tens over and over again.(even in sleeper minivan ~ torque monsters)
The spread of the 4 speed is even better.

galant20022002
07-29-2004, 09:40 AM
i bougt my turbo kit from needboost.com and the sales rep did tell me a company that makes a unit that will take out the speed governer and you be able to adjust your rev also. so check them out i think its about $500