PDA

View Full Version : To mod or not to mod

galantWI
06-23-2003, 08:57 PM
So, I've been reading in these forums for awhile and haven't posted anything, but I have a question for anyone. Currently I have gauges, xenon head lights, exhaust, and a great sound system in my 98 galant. I'm wondering if you guys have noticed a major increase in hp and speed by doing some of the lesser mods. i.e. CAI, full exhaust, headers.
If there isn't much i'm going to consider holding off and getting a different car after I graduate (preferably manual) and throwing money at that.
What do you guys think? Please help?

laxattack2001
06-24-2003, 12:02 AM
the galant is good and all but you cant change the HP too much by basic mods. im trying to save up for a wrecked 93-95 rx-7 and get the HP i need outta that and keep the galant as a daily driver but who knows i say if you have it for a little bit why not put in a cai it wont hurt thats what i did and i love the way it sounds and picks up ect. but dont be a stranger arround here this is a fun place to go if youre bored.

seth98esT
06-24-2003, 12:03 AM
i will have a 250+ monster here in a few weeks :wink:

BXNYMitsu01
06-24-2003, 12:09 AM
So, I've been reading in these forums for awhile and haven't posted anything, but I have a question for anyone. Currently I have gauges, xenon head lights, exhaust, and a great sound system in my 98 galant. I'm wondering if you guys have noticed a major increase in hp and speed by doing some of the lesser mods. i.e. CAI, full exhaust, headers.
If there isn't much i'm going to consider holding off and getting a different car after I graduate (preferably manual) and throwing money at that.
What do you guys think? Please help?

Hey welcome to the club. And Galants are nice cars, but to give them the mods (bigger HP gain) you want; you will have to get everything custom which will cost you. However, the small mods are good for starters.