PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP WITH LEATHER SEATS...

Jimbo
08-30-2002, 11:49 PM
Hi, I remember on the old board that there was a place in Italy that would make a custom leather seat for the 8g galant. Well my parents are going to be in italy for the next 3 or 4 days and I need as much info on the place as I can get, especially on WHERE IT IS. The quicker the replys the better because I do remember that it takes about 3 days to make, so I'm running out of time. Thanks in advance.

James.

Black2k1GTZ
08-31-2002, 12:50 PM
Katzkin makes a kit for us!! It will replace the factory leather, I beleive it comes in 2tone colors. Im not sure what the exact website address is, but you can do a search for it on the main page and it will turn up some stuff!!

Marc :mg:

Jimbo
08-31-2002, 12:59 PM
yes, i know that katzkin makes one for the galant but that one is like 1000 bucks. the one that was in italy is the same thing as katzkin but it was only like 100 bucks because leather is inexpensive in italy. Thanks for your help.

Tiller
08-31-2002, 03:55 PM
yes, i know that katzkin makes one for the galant but that one is like 1000 bucks. the one that was in italy is the same thing as katzkin but it was only like 100 bucks because leather is inexpensive in italy. Thanks for your help.

uhmmm... i find that very hard to believe... but if it's true, good luck to you and getting them...

pinoyesv6
09-02-2002, 04:42 PM
u need skins...if you are going to an international leatehr shop, you are gonna need to give em a template to copy. the JDm and the USDM galant interiors are different. i can get a set from the Philippines starting at around 30-40 dollars for leather/vinyl and can go up to 120 a full leather set. but yea ur gonna need a template

esv6matic
09-03-2002, 09:18 AM
i do not know how to make the measurements. my front seats also have airbags so i think they will have to customize this one for the 8G ES-V6 and GTZ versions.

pinoyesv6
09-03-2002, 09:23 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(esv6matic)</div><div class='quotemain'>i do not know how to make the measurements. Â*my front seats also have airbags so i think they will have to customize this one for the 8G ES-V6 and GTZ versions.</div>

i'd take it to an upolstery shop that does leather installation and see if they can install it for u. i'd hate to mess up the airbags on the seats. andd while u are there, u might wannaa get a quote from them and get the mearuements too...

MnGalant
09-03-2002, 07:47 PM
pinoy id like to get some of the ones from the philipines withing like 2 months. Do they already have the sizes for a 8g 4cyl with the backseat opening and door inserts

pinoyesv6
09-03-2002, 08:08 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MnGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>pinoy id like to get some of the ones from the philipines withing like 2 months. Do they already have the sizes for a 8g 4cyl with the backseat opening and door inserts</div>

as of now no. i believe we do have a US member there in the US getting some made possibly. but im not 100% sure. got to see when he gets back. uhm maybe an alternative way is to get an upolsterer to make a cheap ass cover out of burlap or something lol and use that for ur template to bring with u to the philippines...i'd hate to bring my whole seat or take me seat apart