PDA

View Full Version : carbon fiber trunk

atx
06-24-2003, 10:10 PM
there is a guy who i occationally see on my street he has a blue wrx with carbon fiber hood and trunk, im amazed by the trunk it looks amazing, could we ever get one made?

BXNYMitsu01
06-24-2003, 10:14 PM
there is a guy who i occationally see on my street he has a blue wrx with carbon fiber hood and trunk, im amazed by the trunk it looks amazing, could we ever get one made?

That would be nice. I think it can be made as long as we have enough buyers. :idea:

escoson
i am getting one made, one other member asked about completely shaving the trunk so its all flat so i told him that he mie be intrested in doing this at well. depending on who makes it for you it will run between $400-600

Tiptronic
ask where he got his, and we could talk to that company. then again, it may be CF overlay paper. ask anyway though

HeadAche
06-24-2003, 10:17 PM
ask where he got his, and we could talk to that company. then again, it may be CF overlay paper. ask anyway though

My boy has a CF trunk on his 92 Civic and that thing is really light.. And if better not be the overlay because that would just defeat the purpose of having it..

atx
06-24-2003, 10:19 PM
ill stop him next time i see him, i see him about once a month and i can never get a long enough time to look at his car, with those carbon fiber over lays do they look real? cause ive seen his trunk in the sun and it matches what the hoods look like, when i get some more money i need to get a evo carbon hood and get one of these trunks made they look so nice.

Lazarus
06-24-2003, 10:19 PM
I think it's a hot Idea but I can't do it because I don't wanna give up the spoiler

HeadAche
06-24-2003, 10:25 PM
ill stop him next time i see him, i see him about once a month and i can never get a long enough time to look at his car, with those carbon fiber over lays do they look real? cause ive seen his trunk in the sun and it matches what the hoods look like, when i get some more money i need to get a evo carbon hood and get one of these trunks made they look so nice.

The overlay looks nothing like the real thing.. After a while it will start to crack in the heat, its just lil a lil stick on..

Lazarus
06-24-2003, 10:28 PM
Yeah the overlays suck monkey nuts.

Prophet
06-25-2003, 12:31 AM
VIS makes these trunck lids and so does Fiber Image. You guys might want to see if they would make it. Also you don't have to give up your spoiler. I has seen a magazine with a CF trunk and a CF spoiler on a IS300. I think it was Access Unlimeted.

TWISTED II
06-25-2003, 03:57 AM
the guy building my motor has a CF trunk on his Mr2 and he also has a wing. the thing weighs honestly like, 4 lbs, lol.

SilverKnight
06-25-2003, 06:21 AM
just dont ask wings west to make one huh jason :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Tiptronic
06-25-2003, 06:28 AM
just dont ask wings west to make one huh jason :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

no, we definitely dont need them making us anything :x

escoson
06-25-2003, 06:30 AM
fiber images makes trunks to

:monkeypiss: http://www.system-r.com/images/wings_west_logo.gif

SilverKnight
06-25-2003, 06:38 AM
:monkeypiss: http://www.system-r.com/images/wings_west_logo.gif
yo love that.