PDA

View Full Version : Matching coils w/ shocks

Liszt
06-25-2003, 02:51 AM
Ok,

Time to buy my new suspension. I'm thinking ground control coilovers w/ some new struts but I don't know which kind of struts to buy. I have heard a few times that those adjustable shocks are bunk. Does anyone know of a good shock/strut that will work with no complication with the ground control coilovers? Does anyone use a setup they might recommend.

Thanks,

L

Dilemma
06-25-2003, 02:53 AM
Try KYB-GR 2 my friend in an ecplise went with that setup and the ride is nice.

try www.tirerack.com

Liszt
06-25-2003, 03:47 AM
Try KYB-GR 2 my friend in an ecplise went with that setup and the ride is nice.

try www.tirerack.com

do you mean with the ground controls and the kyb shocks. I really only wanted info on the setup w/ the coilovers I already have.

L

Liszt
06-25-2003, 03:59 AM
the ground control site doesn't even say the gr2's will work with the fronts, they say only kyb agx's for the rear and only "1) Stock, Sachs, Boge" for the front.

I need to know what will work with the ground control coilovers I already have sitting here.

Thanks,

L

COgalant
06-25-2003, 01:46 PM
Try the KYB AGX's...

KYB's to line product. I've heard nothing but goods things about these adjustable shocks/struts. Many members have these, hopefully me fairly soon

Danger DANJ
06-25-2003, 11:25 PM
Your only options for rear shocks are the KYB GR-2's, KYB AGX's, or the Tokico Illuminas. For the front your only options are the KYB GR-2's and KYB AGX's. You can get the Koni inserts from RRE, but they are expensive because they need to be inserted into your stock housings. I have the Koni inserts and they ride pretty nice though. I have the KYB AGX's in the rear and they are a little stiff for my tastes.

You are worried about the front KYB GR-2's not working with the GC coilovers, but I don't see any reason that they wouldn't work. If the GC's work with the KYB AGX's and the stock front struts, then they should work with the GR-2's all the same.

Dilemma
06-25-2003, 11:37 PM
agreed. There shouldnt be any conflict.

Liszt
06-26-2003, 12:37 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'>Your only options for rear shocks are the KYB GR-2's, KYB AGX's, or the Tokico Illuminas. For the front your only options are the KYB GR-2's and KYB AGX's. You can get the Koni inserts from RRE, but they are expensive because they need to be inserted into your stock housings. I have the Koni inserts and they ride pretty nice though. I have the KYB AGX's in the rear and they are a little stiff for my tastes.

You are worried about the front KYB GR-2's not working with the GC coilovers, but I don't see any reason that they wouldn't work. If the GC's work with the KYB AGX's and the stock front struts, then they should work with the GR-2's all the same.</div>

thanks for the info. man, that avatar is f%)(*# gay. good thing you are a mac user or I wouldn't know what to think.

Thanks again,

L