PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse Cat-Back

Alister_McRae
08-31-2002, 03:34 AM
I was reading on the pt tuning page, and i came across exhausts for the eclipses. And there has been alot of things that fit the galant that was made for the eclipse. If i were to buy an eclipse cat-back say for a 2000 and 2001 eclipses, would it fit my 2000 galant es?

TJC
08-31-2002, 03:38 AM
It's almost the same but the Galant is longer. So you have to extend the piping. There was a figure of 10" from what I recall from some really old posts (on the old board). So "NO" would be a more appropriate answer to your question b/c it's not a direct bolt-on anymore and welding is required to add extra piping.

Alister_McRae
08-31-2002, 03:48 AM
well that just plain sux then, looks like i will have to keep my stock piping and just add a new muffler, unless there is custom piping out there for the galant... :roll:

TJC
08-31-2002, 04:00 AM
most decent muffler shops will have piping and in various sizes to meet your needs. a really good shop will even have equipment to mandrel bend your pipes, hehe.

Alister_McRae
08-31-2002, 04:02 AM
wonder how much it would cost for custom piping, plus installation? Any ideas or estimates?

Auto-9
08-31-2002, 10:11 AM
Hmmm...for the Eclipse cat-back lengthening modification my shop was going to charge me 25 bucks to install the cat-back and then cut the muffler off and weld in the 10 inch section. If you're wanting to go custom cat-back instead mine costed me 250, that included the muffler, but it's not mandrel bent.

pinoyesv6
09-02-2002, 04:34 PM
the only reason i see u buying a cat back, esp for an eclipse is for one of two reasons. reason 1. u can get the catback cheaper than a new muffler. or two, the muffler u want isn't available in a cat back version. if thats not one of the reasons i think getting another car's cat or axle back is a waste of money. just because you have to get pipe bended and welded on and yea that defeats teh whole exhaust being tuned, easy installation part of getting a cat back.