PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else with this prob?

99TBP-ES
06-26-2003, 07:18 PM
Ok so I get my 99 Galant and I check EVERYTHING on the car before I take delivery from the dealership(everything tht is except the lights--D'OH!!)

It was a bright sunny day when I got it and never thought about checking the lights. Well the front left PARKING light will not work(the turn signal works, just not the parking light) I switched out the bulb, tried both 1157 and 2057(both are the same bulb, only difference is 2057 is a tad bit longer--not much though) and still nothing. So I am thinking either a problem with wiring or the actual bulb connector. Just want to here everyone's input.

pinoyesv6
06-26-2003, 07:21 PM
take out the bulb and look inside of the socket. the outside too. make sure that the connectors are not corroded or damamged. maybe take out a pair of pliers and pull them connectors up a lil bit so that you are sure its making good contact with the bulb. if all looks good and well, maybe take out the meter and make sure that you are getting power to the socket. if you are, then its probably a contact problem, or the bulb. if you are not getting power. you gotta dig deeper.

99TBP-ES
06-27-2003, 11:20 AM
Nah, delaership is goig to look at it not cahrge