PDA

View Full Version : Need help ASAP

Green Machine
06-26-2003, 08:36 PM
I need to know if the injen short ram for the 2000 i4 manual transmission eclipse will fit my galant. thanks in advance. BTW, model number is is1870p. EDITED TO ADD... I have a 2001 i4 es

pinoyesv6
06-26-2003, 08:42 PM
the 2000+ eclipse intake will fit your car. but the model number suprises me. im looking at injen's site and is1870 doesn't exist. there is an RD1870 and thats the race divsion cold air and an IS1871 which is the short ram version. but no is1870

ewgiii
06-26-2003, 08:46 PM
so whats the diff between short ram and cai?

pinoyesv6
06-26-2003, 08:50 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ewgiii)</div><div class='quotemain'>so whats the diff between short ram and cai?</div>

the cai has an extra pipe that relocates the filter down by the fog light.

ewgiii
06-26-2003, 08:57 PM
yeah, but i mean performance wise!

Green Machine
06-26-2003, 09:01 PM
Damn... That's what I got out of the search engine..lol.. I bought it off a girl on 3g and when I looked at it, it seemed to be off cause it looks like it will sit my filter down by my transmission fluid stick, rather than by my headlight. I looked on the side of the box, and it says is1870p mitsubishi eclipse 4 cyl. manual transmission 2000. Damn. I really don't feel like taking apart my stock intake if this one won't fit.lol

Green Machine
06-26-2003, 09:04 PM
rs2motorsports has it listed for 235....

pinoyesv6
06-26-2003, 09:07 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Green Machine)</div><div class='quotemain'>Damn... That's what I got out of the search engine..lol.. I bought it off a girl on 3g and when I looked at it, it seemed to be off cause it looks like it will sit my filter down by my transmission fluid stick, rather than by my headlight. I looked on the side of the box, and it says is1870p mitsubishi eclipse 4 cyl. manual transmission 2000. Damn. I really don't feel like taking apart my stock intake if this one won't fit.lol</div>

it looks like this?

http://www.ptuning.com/graphics/injen/is1870wm.jpg

istead of this

http://www.injen.com/webpages/intakes/intake_images/web_ready/is/is1840.jpg

ok now i know why i didn't recognize the part number. injen doesn't make the 1870 anymore. they changed the design to like the second picture. its still a good intake. one thing i'd look at though because it is an older design is around the battery. make sure that the intake isn't rubbing on the bolt on the battery tie down. i know my old generation injen rubs there and i had to put some kinda hose on the bolt to prevent wearing through my intake pipe

Green Machine
06-26-2003, 09:15 PM
Cool...so it will fit... I'll be sure to safe gaurd the tie down. I got it for 95 shipped, so I guess that I did OK on it. Thanks pinoyesv6!

Fishboy55
06-27-2003, 06:38 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ewgiii)</div><div class='quotemain'>yeah, but i mean performance wise!</div>
Actually, not enough to notice. I have had three intakes, one of which was CAI. No noticeable gains, no improved ET at the track. The short ram actually performed better at the track.

ewgiii
06-27-2003, 07:48 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ewgiii)</div><div class='quotemain'>yeah, but i mean performance wise!</div>
Actually, not enough to notice. I have had three intakes, one of which was CAI. No noticeable gains, no improved ET at the track. The short ram actually performed better at the track.</div>
thanks man, good sh*t. Thats what i'm getting, then.