PDA

View Full Version : Oil Leak?

Livn2sk8
06-27-2003, 01:39 AM
K, I'm new here, and I just got my car about 2 months ago. The oil pan has a huge dent in it, like the previous owner, ran over a rock or something, I have checked under my car, and see no sign of an oil leak. However, If you look between the valve cover and my head, there is a slight bit of oil, leaking out of the bottom left corner (as if you were standing at the front of the car, looking at the engine).

Where can I pickup a new oil pan?
Anyone have an oil leak similar?
Any good brands of gaskets to get? or just go to autozone?

VypA
06-27-2003, 01:44 AM
for the oilpan ull probly have to goto the dealer... as far as the gasket, look around for the best price

Moosh
06-27-2003, 11:44 AM
You can get a used oil pan from car-parts.com

rfpa1
06-27-2003, 10:22 PM
There are no gaskets, you need to get the silicone gasket from auto part store.

Best way to do it is to:

1) once you pull the old pan, clean (i mean it to the metal) the lips on the engine, remove any grub, piece of old gasket ,dirt, etc.

2) clean after you finish with some gasoline, acetone, kerosene, engine cleaner the lip at the engine side.

3) wipe with a clean rag.

4) apply a generous but not over generous amount of the silicone gasket around the lip (do not cover the holes for the screws)

5) apply a generous amount on the lip of the pan.

6) spread but be gentle, you want to leave coating on both sides, let it dry for a few minutes (follow instructions on box).

7) re assemble

8) wait see instructions

9) fill with oil

10) check for leaks.

rfpa1
06-27-2003, 10:22 PM
There are no gaskets, you need to get the silicone gasket from auto part store.

Best way to do it is to:

1) once you pull the old pan, clean (i mean it to the metal) the lips on the engine, remove any grub, piece of old gasket ,dirt, etc.

2) clean after you finish with some gasoline, acetone, kerosene, engine cleaner the lip at the engine side.

3) wipe with a clean rag.

4) apply a generous but not over generous amount of the silicone gasket around the lip (do not cover the holes for the screws)

5) apply a generous amount on the lip of the pan.

6) spread but be gentle, you want to leave coating on both sides, let it dry for a few minutes (follow instructions on box).

7) re assemble

8) wait see instructions

9) fill with oil

10) check for leaks.

Livn2sk8
06-28-2003, 01:18 AM
by "Gaskets" I was referring to my head gasket, and my valve cover gasket. I need new ones, and didn't know if the stock ones were good enough to buy again, or if there is a slight upgrade at all....

queball
06-29-2003, 03:20 AM
for the oilpan ull probly have to goto the dealer... as far as the gasket, look around for the best price

yea the deal only wants 150$'s for it i just took mine off and repaired it even bondoed it to make it look nice again and then shot it with some black paint again..

silvergalantguy
06-29-2003, 11:15 AM
is it just me or, as helpful as everyone is being, keep talking about his oil pan when he is asking about the head gasket.

queball
06-29-2003, 07:07 PM
is it just me or, as helpful as everyone is being, keep talking about his oil pan when he is asking about the head gasket.
well he was also talking about a dent in his oil pan thats why i was replying to the oil pan