PDA

View Full Version : Rewiring blinker to parking lights

MitsuMan
06-27-2003, 01:34 PM
OK, how do i rewire the light from my blinker (one in the bumper) to the one in the corner of my headlight...

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

seth98esT
06-27-2003, 01:36 PM
i just extended the parking light wires to my corners and use the parking light connector. they fit fine in my jdm corners :biggrin:

QnzMostWanted
06-27-2003, 04:36 PM
if u talking bout US lights, u can run the power to ur blinker to the negative of ur corner, that would make it be solid when lit and blink opposite ur blinker when u signal, and in the day it'll blink with ur blinker

BEAST
06-28-2003, 04:54 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FriendlyNeighborhoodPlaya)</div><div class='quotemain'>if u talking bout US lights, u can run the power to ur blinker to the negative of ur corner, that would make it be solid when lit and blink opposite ur blinker when u signal, and in the day it'll blink with ur blinker</div>
What did you say? :? I just spliced mine and rewired them to my corners. Cut off the old connector and splice on the new corner blinker.

QnzMostWanted
06-28-2003, 07:22 AM
well that wiring i said is to make it blink and stay on (kinda like how u do fender lights) so it'll be a park light and a blinker

queball
06-29-2003, 03:11 AM
if u talking bout US lights, u can run the power to ur blinker to the negative of ur corner, that would make it be solid when lit and blink opposite ur blinker when u signal, and in the day it'll blink with ur blinker
hey good idea i was thinking i was going to have to wire up a damn relay system or something.. i had my fender lights hooked up to my parks but i hated them being on all the time so i rewired them to my blinkers..

Livn2sk8
07-14-2003, 03:32 PM
Ok, had a slight problem with doing this:

Seems simple enough, someone tell me what I did wrong...

Disconnected the passenger side blinker....spliced into the power...assuming it was the green with red stripe, and not the black one...wire that is....and then ran a power wire from that....up into my engine bay, and connected it to the negative....again...assuming the black wire is my negative.....

Now, I only did one side, to test it....and when I turned on my right turn signal, heard a *pop*, and no lights...OOPS something must have gone wrong....checked the connection, it was fine...turns out...I blew a fuse...it was the "10a" blinker fuse, under the dash....replaced it....tried my hazards...and *pop* again....now the HAZ fuse blew in the engine bay....disconnected my little wiring fun....and put in a new HAZ fuse...and now everything works fine....back to the ORIGINAL blinkers....BUT, I really wanted my corners to blink opposite my blinkers....

1) anyone had issues with this?
2) what gauge wire did you use? because the stock wire, is like what? 16 gauge? if not smaller...
I think the gauge I was using was like 12 or 10 gauge...still should have worked....
3) would the fuse have blown if the wire was too thick?

4) did I do something wrong?

:puzzled1:

Livn2sk8
07-14-2003, 03:33 PM
oh, by the way....when I ran the wire, into my engine bay, I connected it to the NEGATIVE (black wire), of my corner wiring.....just to clarify, so there is no misunderstanding

MitsuMan
07-15-2003, 08:48 AM
yes i did the same and couldnt figure it out,.....and i ALSO blew a fuse....

I wired the blinker into the headlight corner and it blinked, but when the lights are on, it just stays on, is there a way to make it so it will blink regardless if the lights are on w/o losing the parking light effect on the corner??

Livn2sk8
07-15-2003, 12:03 PM
Where's Denver when you really need an answer fast....

What gauge wire are you supposed to use? maybe that's why I blew the fuse...because the stock wiring to my blinkers is soo tiny....

Jesse
07-15-2003, 12:13 PM
I took my the copper out behind the corner lights and wired the turn signals straight to the bulbs, works just fine. They blink in hyper mode, but it's all good, if you want them to blink at a slower rate, just put in different resistors. Don't ask me what resistance though, I couldn't tell you. You'd have to measure the resistance between the corner light and turn signals and figure the difference.