PDA

View Full Version : Ticking

chewbaca
06-28-2003, 01:17 PM
Ok sometimes when I start my car and the recirculate button is off, there is a nonstop ticking sound from I think behind my glovebox. It's not a huge issue during the summer but during the winter when you need your windows defogged and you have to leave the recirculate on it sucks.

When I push the button on though the ticking will stop.

Any ideas?

silvergalantguy
06-29-2003, 10:52 AM
your the second person ive answered this in a week https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif . its the motor that opens and closes the vents for the recirc. mine does the same thing. havent got it fixed yet. if i remember correctly its about 80-90 bucks from mitsu dealer, dont think you could get it anywhere else. they told me it has a stop or something on both ends and one of the stops broke and the motor just keeps going around hence the clicking or some shit like that. i dont know maybe it can be rigged to work right havent really looked at it. ill check it out later and let you know.

GalantSpeed
07-08-2003, 11:45 AM
yeah thats what it is i replaced mine and it was roughly $85 from the dealer.....very easy to replace....its like 3 screws holding it in and one plug.

here's the specs on it to give the dealer.....

AUTO HEATER CONTROL MOTOR
PART NUMBER: MB813680