PDA

View Full Version : Driver window smashed, glass stuck in the bottom of the door

nrfx01
06-28-2003, 04:24 PM
Someone broke into my car about a week ago, smashed in the drivers side window.. Got it replaced, and now my driver door sounds like a baby rattle every time i close the door or hit a bump. I took it back to the place i had the glass installed, they said the way the door is made, they can't get to where some of the glass fell, and i'll just have to wait for the glass to work it self out?! I'm 95% sure he was feeding me a line to hide their crappy work, but i wanted to ask about it before i go back again and start playing crabby customer..

anyone?

HeadAche
06-28-2003, 04:28 PM
I dropped stuff in there one, i just took the panel off and the insulation thats behind it (that plastic lookin thing).. Got a flashlight and found it no problem, there is just about enough room to get a some tools back there and see if you can get it out yourself..

J
06-28-2003, 05:59 PM
go to a car wash place or gas station with a vaccuum

bring a screw driver

take off your door panel, then you have to remove some of that plastic that is behind it, and remove the white styrofoam in the bottom corner.

then just dig in there with the vaccuum till all the glass is out.

ChromeGalant
06-28-2003, 10:06 PM
Go back and make them vaccum it out.. thats BS.. make them do thier job..

verywhite01
06-30-2003, 03:41 AM
That is why you got glass places to clean the glass and put in a new window, dont let them tell you that BS tell them you want the car back as it was b4 the window was broken, and you dont want it rattling like a rattle. If they give you shi& call Consumer Affairs of the Better Business Burea, that will straighen their punk asses out.