PDA

View Full Version : Sunroof

Potr
06-29-2003, 11:03 AM
ok i didnt know where to put this... but my 8g never came with a factory sunroof.... if i get one put in would it be like the normal sunroof that just goes back into the roof or would it be one of the ones that looks retarted on a four door car... you know the one that pops up and then goes back? and does anyone know a place in south florida that will do a good job cheap and also do the tinting...

Calipso
06-29-2003, 08:33 PM
I wouldn't get an aftermarket sunroof or moon roof. I've heard bad things about how they leak, the seal brakes, bad wind resistance.

Remedy
06-29-2003, 09:36 PM
I have also thought about this too. Does anybody know if the dealership installs sunroofs cuz I know you can get powerwindows installed by the dealership.

GalantLadie
06-30-2003, 03:15 PM
when i bought my car i had the dealer put in a sunroof before i even took the car home, its the one that slides into the roof instead of on top off it. they gave me the option between the 2 the one i got cost around 400 bucks. i have a 00 and have had no problems with it leaking or with any wind noise when closed

hope that helps

Fishboy55
06-30-2003, 08:38 PM
Most dealers don't install the factory sunroof. They contract it out. If you search around or ask one of the service guys, they may tell you who they contract it to.