PDA

View Full Version : Rack and Pinion

MiniSpdRcr
08-31-2002, 08:20 PM
Can you just buy seals to replace the old worn ones? Instead of buying the whole thing.

95vegasgalant
09-01-2002, 01:56 AM
:twisted: Thats why there are more reman shops how much for the rack 500 If its not leaking that bad leave it alone If it is replace it and live close to vegas Ill do it for 200 labor and the rack at cost make sure you have PS fluid or youll burn up your PS pump if you have no money do it yourself its pretty easy alot of room if you need more info just post By the way I work for sears auto Im a front end guy they charge you 225 but probably 700 for the rack :twisted:

manybrews
09-01-2002, 09:00 AM
to answer the question with punctuation, yes, you can buy the seal kit.
HOWEVER, you do need a few mitsu special tools to rebuild it. ive done many in my 10 years as a mitsu tech, but in all honesty, i dont think ive done one on a galant in over 5 years.

they just dont fail that much.

MiniSpdRcr
09-01-2002, 10:53 AM
Could you post me the instructions on how to do it? I have a shop I can use so tools and all that is taken care of.

manybrews
09-01-2002, 11:50 AM
post the instructions? no, thats not really possible.

honestly, if you dont know how to do it, i wouldnt recommend trying.
and as far as having a shop with tools, i was referring to MITSU specific special tools that are only available at a mitsu dealer.
others could buy these tools, but it wouldnt be cost effective for an independant shop to spend 2 grand on tools that are specific to one brand and make of car, and then use them once.

MiniSpdRcr
09-01-2002, 12:13 PM
Well not really instructions just some basic info, like 95vegasgalant said.