PDA

View Full Version : Y pipe for duel exhaust

Alister_McRae
08-31-2002, 09:45 PM
How much would it be to get a y pipe custom fit to make it look like duel exhaust?

TJC
08-31-2002, 10:15 PM
That's something you'll have to ask the shop about. Everyone charges different rates for the work. Uh..... you can actually buy Y-piping too or the muffler shop might have some too. The real cost is going to be the second muffler. Oh, you will probably have to cut the bumper and/or get some bodywork too on the other side to make it look good.

If you ask me, that's just unnecessary costs that you can put into something that gives you real performance gains, but that's just me.

THX1139
08-31-2002, 11:25 PM
"Make it look like"...if you want any respect, those are dangerous words. Just my one cent.

dre24k
09-02-2002, 02:51 PM
$35 in D-town or Denton, TX
$100-$200 for the muffler

It will give you a little pep too

pinoyesv6
09-02-2002, 05:42 PM
i also don't recommend u drop your car or like drive carefully. when they do the y pipe chances are that they won't fopllow the stock routing and uhm leave the pipe under the crossmember and exposed so be careful about that. hate to crush that pipe

Dilemma
09-02-2002, 11:35 PM
the y design might be more costly than u think cause actual body work must be applied due to the single mufffler outlet which comes with our cars....cutting another groove to make the dual look is nessesary (unless u want it to look that way)...body work combined with actual muffler work will be an impact on ur wallet...but GL man the dual look is quite unique and if u get it done show sum pics https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

dre24k
09-03-2002, 05:15 PM
there is a silver galant 95 on here that already has pics of the dual exhuast with huge pipes