PDA

View Full Version : O2 Sensor for Turbo

paco
06-30-2003, 11:30 PM
I'm want to start buying all the parts for my custom turbo setup. I have one question though. My car is a fed spec so I don't have the o2 sensor that would go on the exhaust manifold, what can I do here??

DJ Galant
07-01-2003, 01:54 AM
i am not sure if u really understand what are u asking for. Yu have 2 sensors in your exhsut system. One is before the catalytic converter, and the second one is after. YOu gonna keep it there where it belongs.
THere is no need of relocateing in to the exhaust manifold. Just when u gonna change to bigger exhasut put your sensors in their place, and that is it.

paco
07-01-2003, 12:32 PM
DJ Galant

Thanks for answering man, so can you tell me what is connected to your exhaust manny on your pictures?? I tought it was an O2 sensor. Every other turbo setup I have seen on eclipses have it. Thanks in advance man.

ken inn
07-01-2003, 02:56 PM
what you're probably referring to is an egt(exhaust gas temperature) probe. it is used for tuning, unless you have a datalogger, then the egt becomes just a fancy warning device. i hardly look at mine now, matter of fact, i think the probe is wasted.

paco
07-01-2003, 04:20 PM
yeah!!! that could be it. thanks man. So you saying that the egt gauge it's not necesary? I thought it was essential.

8ggalant
07-01-2003, 04:47 PM
he sayin if u have a datalogger u can look at that instead of the egt

DJ Galant
07-02-2003, 04:36 AM
by looking at my pics,u saw an egt probe that conects to the EGT gauge.
U install your probes in your exhaust manifold to see the temparature of the gases.
Yes, I am considering EGT an essential bro. U will need it bad, so u will see your exhaust gas temparuters. Very important tuning and watchguard device , that is why is worthed the money.

O2 sensors go where i stated before: in your pipng on exhaust, 1 before and one after the cat. conv.

paco
07-02-2003, 06:13 PM
cool man thanks for all the help