PDA

View Full Version : Free Brakes !!! Is this true?

neonsigns
07-01-2003, 09:40 AM
I just read this post on the TGC New England Chapter Forum. Is this for real?

---------------------------------

Josh, a cofounder, says that Mitsubishi is replacing front brakes and calipers for free due to a service bulletin. We both have 2001 GTZ's, so I'm not too sure if it's for all 8th generation Galants or just a selected year/s....just call to find out at your dealership.

Thats right
I went to the dealership going in just for an oil change......I ended up getting a set of set and calipers free. I dont know how or why, but im definately not complaining.....hehe
-----------------------------------

sd2775906
07-01-2003, 11:32 AM
Yeah, there was a recall or something. It's only good if your car is still under the 3year/36,000 miles warranty though. I couldn't get it because I went over.

Calipso
07-01-2003, 12:23 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sd2775906)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah, there was a recall or something. Â*It's only good if your car is still under the 3year/36,000 miles warranty though. Â*I couldn't get it because I went over.</div>

Same here. Our warranty sucks. I can't get my glove box fixed either due to that 3/36k trim warranty.

ADBGTZ
07-01-2003, 08:23 PM
i work as a service advisor for mitsu. theres not a recall on the brakes but there is a tsb (technical service bulliten) for a high pitched brake squeal during light pressure breaking situations. there are updated brake calipers supports that can be applied under 36k under warrenty free of charge...im not sure how much it is out of warrenty though. these caliper supports help reduce brake squeal. good for 8g galants and 3g eclipses
the rotors and pads *could* be replaced if the support calipers have damaged either item (service manager call).....we have done none of this at the dealership that i work at, because none have been damaged. we just install the new support calipers.

sd2775906
07-01-2003, 08:35 PM
The guy at Executive Mitsu in New Bedford, MA told me "No, you can't because I went over the warranty period"...but I bought the extended warranty.

Calipso
07-01-2003, 09:06 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sd2775906)</div><div class='quotemain'>The guy at Executive Mitsu in New Bedford, MA told me "No, you can't because I went over the warranty period"...but I bought the extended warranty.</div>

Same here, I got the extended warranty. WTF.

pinoyesv6
07-01-2003, 09:30 PM
many times the extended warranty you bought with your car isn't from mitsubishi. its most likely from a 3rd party company that acts like an extended warranty. if you need work done, you take it to the shop and if it falls under the terms of the extended warranty, the company will pay for the repairs.

sd2775906
07-01-2003, 09:32 PM
Yeah, I have a $50 deductible. My dealership knows that. When I needed my CD changer replaced, I paid the $50 and they took care of the rest, like the paperwork and stuff.

Khopari
07-01-2003, 09:34 PM
ok i got Q,, i get that weried noise,, when and turning While pressing brakes,,

do i get Free Brakes,,

sd2775906
07-01-2003, 09:48 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(K h O p A r I)</div><div class='quotemain'>ok i got Q,, i get that weried noise,, when and turning While pressing brakes,, Â*

do i get Free Brakes,,</div>

Maybe, if I remember correctly, the offer is only good for V6 Galants under factory warranty. You have to ask them about it, they won't tell you - well, my dealership didn't tell me.

escoson
07-01-2003, 09:51 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sd2775906)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(K h O p A r I)</div><div class='quotemain'>ok i got Q,, i get that weried noise,, when and turning While pressing brakes,, Â*

Maybe, if I remember correctly, the offer is only good for V6 Galants under factory warranty. You have to ask them about it, they won't tell you - well, my dealership didn't tell me.</div>

this isnt good for 02 i4's aswell? i get a highpitched squeel when i brake slowly/gently.

Khopari
07-01-2003, 10:24 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sd2775906)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(K h O p A r I)</div><div class='quotemain'>ok i got Q,, i get that weried noise,, when and turning While pressing brakes,, Â*

Maybe, if I remember correctly, the offer is only good for V6 Galants under factory warranty. You have to ask them about it, they won't tell you - well, my dealership didn't tell me.</div>

i got V6 too,, so i am have them check it out tomm.

neonsigns
07-01-2003, 11:16 PM
I am gonna call Peter Fuller Mitsubishi tomorrow. Lets see what they tell me. I have a 2002 Galant ES I4

sd2775906
07-01-2003, 11:21 PM
I think it's only for the V6 models...but don't quote me on that.

ADBGTZ
07-02-2003, 08:33 AM
doesnt anybody read.....lol......just kidding
but if you read my post it is all 8g galants and all 3g eclipses
and i have no idea why they wouldn't want to put them on if you pay for them......oh well i guess they dont want business

neonsigns
07-02-2003, 09:23 AM
I just called the local Mitsubishi dealer and they said that there is a Technical Service Bulletin out but it only applies to certain cars. She said that if I did not get anything on the mail then I do not qualify. When I asked her who does qualify, she just said "only the people who got the mail" Whats up with that?

ewgiii
07-02-2003, 12:26 PM
I just called the local Mitsubishi dealer and they said that there is a Technical Service Bulletin out but it only applies to certain cars. She said that if I did not get anything on the mail then I do not qualify. When I asked her who does qualify, she just said "only the people who got the mail" Whats up with that?
idk... i don't buy it...

neonsigns
07-02-2003, 12:58 PM
I called another Mitsu dealer in Danvers, MA and they said that they do have a Techincal Service Bulletin for the brakes but they have to meet certain requirements (speed at which it starts making noise, if there has been any damage to the brakes etc.) before they will repair it for free.

Calipso
07-02-2003, 01:09 PM
I called another Mitsu dealer in Danvers, MA and they said that they do have a Techincal Service Bulletin for the brakes but they have to meet certain requirements (speed at which it starts making noise, if there has been any damage to the brakes etc.) before they will repair it for free.

The dealer in danvers, MA are a bunch of flamers. Danvers Mitsubishi will try and screw you over any chance you get. You might as well stick to Boch Mitsubishi in Norwood.

neonsigns
07-02-2003, 06:27 PM
Thanks Calipso. I will try Danvers Mitsu. I heard there is one is Quincy too. Have you ever dealth with them?

TheGreekHuricane
07-06-2003, 06:07 PM
Stay as far away from quirk mitsubishi in quincy. they are the biggest bunch of morons goin on. I had a squeek in my rear suspension and they said it was all fine, but i went to the dealer where i bought my car and is were i obtained my extended warrenty and they told me i had a blown strut or whatevea. to make a long story short mitsubishi wouldnt pay for it becuase they said the strut wasnt blown to their standards, https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif so i had it fixed and had to pay my $50.00 deductable. I love my galant and all but good mitsubishi service is hard to find.