PDA

View Full Version : 95 galant auto tranny stuck

ractivegalant
07-01-2003, 07:47 PM
hey i have a 95 galant that has been sitting for 6 months bc my tranny is crap. one shop replaced 2 trannys for me and no matter what anyone does the tranny will not shift. i took it to Aamco and they told me that there is a certain way to put the torque converter into the transmisson. does anyone know if this is true. the shop said that the torque converter messed up the oil pump and that its not worth rebuilding. someone please help i love my Galant but i hate its transmission

seth98esT
07-02-2003, 01:32 PM
i dunno, one time the dip stick to the transmission fluid came up off a bit and nothing would shift, i tried everything but it wouldnt shift. so i checked under the hood, noticed the dipstick and put it back, then everything worked fine. most like this is not ur prob, just thought id says something https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif

jay95galants
07-02-2003, 01:35 PM
if u have the means get a level 10 rebuild kit thats what i want to do i hate the tranny too :evil:

ractivegalant
07-02-2003, 07:58 PM
Well looks like im just going to order another tranny and hope that this time all goes well i will know by tuesday or wednesday then when i get moving again i will work on finishing my mods. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

IllestGalant
07-06-2003, 10:46 PM
if a mechanic, or technician can't place a torque converter into a transmission, they should not be touching cars. Btw, if someone puts in two transmissions, and you still have the same problem, it probably isn't the transmission. has anyone tryed to flush your oil cooler? if an oil pump in a transmission blows up, that means metal went straight into the oil cooler at up to 250psi. sorry, but there is no way any flush machine is unjamming 250 pounds per square inch of metal particles in hair sized passages for tranny fluid. feel the two hoses coming out of the transmission when hot. they should both be hot, if only one is, clogged cooler. has anyone checked the electrical system???

ractivegalant
07-08-2003, 05:18 PM
yes everything has been tried, cooling, electrical, and mechanical. i already ordered another tranny. i will see what happens from here. also, i took it to another shop. hey, what model # is ur ractive strut bar?

TurboGalant
07-09-2003, 04:22 PM
If you have gone through this much trouble already, you might as well get your new tranny shipped to Level 10 and let them do their thing, and your TC too. You may want to get an aftermarket tranny oil cooler so you don't reuse the original. I got a new one when I did mine. I am going to order a new radiator one of these days...

Good luck, you sure do have an expensive problem...