PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know any CHEAP ways to get horsepower?

justin_kimbrough
07-03-2003, 12:15 PM
If you know of any cheap maybe "do it yourself" ways to get horsepower please let me know. This is for an 8g 4 cylinder :?:

8ggalant
07-03-2003, 12:21 PM
sorry bro...no such thing....even a cai runs u like 2 bills brand new...i got mine used...headers...bout 2-300 used about 5 new.....nitrous kit...bout 500 for a basic kit (doesnt necesarily include all accesories u'l want)...turbo 2-4gs and supercharger kit 3500(approx) not including install....but if u want juss a lil improvement in performance u can get a k&n filter....exhaust wise 2 1/4in catback from yer local muffler shop should only run u between 100-200 dollars with u providing the muffler...hope this helps....welcome to our addiction

Prophet
07-03-2003, 12:22 PM
Not a mod to gain hp but a better reaction time. You can do the TB mod. It is free.

leadfoot
07-03-2003, 03:14 PM
whats the TB mod?

VypA
07-03-2003, 03:17 PM
when u say the throttle body mod u mean just pulling the two coolant lines off of the throttle body and hooking them together to keep coolant from running thru the TB right...? that keeps intake temps down a bit, and i would say its worth the couple minutes it takes to do it

Messiah
07-03-2003, 04:16 PM
he means removing the slack in the throttle cable

Auto-9
07-03-2003, 04:49 PM
Either that or unbolt your intake and exhaust. It'll make more power, but fail inspection every time https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

HeadAche
07-03-2003, 04:54 PM
If you want the power you will have to spend the money, nothing in this lifestyle comes cheap..

8ggalant
07-03-2003, 05:53 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HeadAche)</div><div class='quotemain'>If you want the power you will have to spend the money, nothing in this lifestyle comes cheap..</div>

u can say that again

TWISTED II
07-03-2003, 09:40 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(8ggalant)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HeadAche)</div><div class='quotemain'>If you want the power you will have to spend the money, nothing in this lifestyle comes cheap..</div>

u can say that again</div>

no kidding. i love questions like this. lets just say this. before i get my SDS, i dropped 15 grand into my car in 6 months, and it'll be slower than stock, haha. but yeah, no such thing as cheap hp.

bam462
07-03-2003, 10:28 PM
two words that dont mix are aftermarket and cheap (well unless its weapon r) https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif cheapest way to get more power is to strip every dam thing outa your car EVERYTHING and your car will be lighter but ugly as shit

Mante
07-04-2003, 03:37 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ThaTwistedGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(8ggalant)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HeadAche)</div><div class='quotemain'>If you want the power you will have to spend the money, nothing in this lifestyle comes cheap..</div>

no kidding. i love questions like this. lets just say this. before i get my SDS, i dropped 15 grand into my car in 6 months, and it'll be slower than stock, haha. but yeah, no such thing as cheap hp.</div>

15k and slower then stock...must have been some HEAVY rims https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

TWISTED II
07-04-2003, 05:21 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mante)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ThaTwistedGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(8ggalant)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HeadAche)</div><div class='quotemain'>If you want the power you will have to spend the money, nothing in this lifestyle comes cheap..</div>

no kidding. i love questions like this. lets just say this. before i get my SDS, i dropped 15 grand into my car in 6 months, and it'll be slower than stock, haha. but yeah, no such thing as cheap hp.</div>

15k and slower then stock...must have been some HEAVY rims https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif</div>

haha, nah, its just i lowered the compression ratio to 8.1-1. so, it will be slightly slower than stock. but, i've been drivin around a 93 explorer for 7 months, so the G will still seem fast anyway.

Jet Black
07-07-2003, 08:34 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ThaTwistedGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mante)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ThaTwistedGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(8ggalant)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HeadAche)</div><div class='quotemain'>If you want the power you will have to spend the money, nothing in this lifestyle comes cheap..</div>

15k and slower then stock...must have been some HEAVY rims https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif</div>

haha, nah, its just i lowered the compression ratio to 8.1-1. so, it will be slightly slower than stock. but, i've been drivin around a 93 explorer for 7 months, so the G will still seem fast anyway.</div>

Ok I know this sounds stupid, but...Why did you lower the compression ratio?

8ggalant
07-07-2003, 08:46 PM
hes runnin a supercharger and i think hes sprayin on top of that...pm him and ask

extremsprt86
07-07-2003, 09:14 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VypA)</div><div class='quotemain'>when u say the throttle body mod u mean just pulling the two coolant lines off of the throttle body and hooking them together to keep coolant from running thru the TB right...? that keeps intake temps down a bit, and i would say its worth the couple minutes it takes to do it</div>

what is this mod with the coolant lines? i have not heard of this before.

TWISTED II
07-08-2003, 03:49 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jet BLaK)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ThaTwistedGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mante)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ThaTwistedGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(8ggalant)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HeadAche)</div><div class='quotemain'>If you want the power you will have to spend the money, nothing in this lifestyle comes cheap..</div>

haha, nah, its just i lowered the compression ratio to 8.1-1. so, it will be slightly slower than stock. but, i've been drivin around a 93 explorer for 7 months, so the G will still seem fast anyway.</div>

Ok I know this sounds stupid, but...Why did you lower the compression ratio?</div>

yeah, exactly, i'll be supercharged probably with nitrous as a "shit i'm losing." lower compression = higher boost

Jet Black
07-10-2003, 11:18 AM
alright thanks for clearing that up. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

HeadAche
07-11-2003, 05:42 PM
If you want the power you will have to spend the money, nothing in this lifestyle comes cheap..

u can say that again

no kidding. i love questions like this. lets just say this. before i get my SDS, i dropped 15 grand into my car in 6 months, and it'll be slower than stock, haha. but yeah, no such thing as cheap hp.

15k and slower then stock...must have been some HEAVY rims https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

haha, nah, its just i lowered the compression ratio to 8.1-1. so, it will be slightly slower than stock. but, i've been drivin around a 93 explorer for 7 months, so the G will still seem fast anyway.

Ok I know this sounds stupid, but...Why did you lower the compression ratio?

yeah, exactly, i'll be supercharged probably with nitrous as a "shit i'm losing." lower compression = higher boost

Twisted are you using the JE or the Wiseco pistons..? and did you get the ARP studs yet?

TWISTED II
07-11-2003, 09:00 PM
i'm using the wiseco pistons. ARP didn't make head studs for the 6G72. they said they can make them, but, the motor is ready to go back into the car, and i'm not waiting until ARP makes them https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif so, i bought new mitsu ones. i think those will be fine cuz i'm not running a lot of boost. i'll prolly have ARP make me a set over the winter when i get real crazy.

escoson
07-11-2003, 09:23 PM
i got an idea.

1. gut the whole car except for driverseat. take everything out even the dash and carpet!
2. remove everything from the bottom of the headers back!
3. put on some 12" rims!
4. take out all the windows.
5. remove all doors!

you will be running like 13's if u drop all that shit. all u need is the chasis and engine!

gost2002es
07-11-2003, 09:24 PM
anyone try that cyclone thing thats supposed to increase hp and gas mileage
??

escoson
07-11-2003, 09:40 PM
anyone try that cyclone thing thats supposed to increase hp and gas mileage
??

more like decreases. it does absolute SHIT!

gost2002es
07-11-2003, 10:27 PM
have you tried it out?