PDA

View Full Version : KYB AGX Question

GTZ
09-01-2002, 03:41 AM
Does anyone have KYB fronts yet?

I called up a couple of places to see if I could order KYB shocks and structs today. And the response was: It's still under development. So I said to him the 2000 Eclipse shocks and structs has been released and will fit the Galant. He said to me there are minor differences between the two cars. He also said the Galant shocks and structs will be out next month. Will it fit the Galant?

burthold
09-01-2002, 10:36 AM
They are the EXACT same part number from mitsu. They are filling you full of hot air. There are members riding on them right now.

Wes

Tiller
09-01-2002, 10:13 PM
front left - 734020
front right - 734019

Ghost Beat
09-01-2002, 11:37 PM
what the when the hell did the fronts come out? ive been off for a while havent had the chance to check my front stox are damn near dead so anyone know where the hell to get em?

mochanges
09-02-2002, 12:25 PM
They are national backorder now. They do exist, there are 3G eclipse guys with them right now. I am pretty sure that tirerack sold out (I would check though) and RRE might have some still.

-Mohammad

Tiller
09-02-2002, 12:54 PM
They are national backorder now. They do exist, there are 3G eclipse guys with them right now. I am pretty sure that tirerack sold out (I would check though) and RRE might have some still.

-Mohammad

RRE does have them

i got mine from Discount Tire Direct...

TJC
09-02-2002, 01:26 PM
Yep, they didn't expect the demand to be so high and their production was sold out as soon as it was released. Should be back ordered for months but keep checking.

I wish some other manufacturers got the queue from KYB and get on the ball to get their act together. It would be nice to see other manufacturers give some other options. I personally think they KYB AGX's are too stiff from what I keep reading but that's just from other ppl's views.

mochanges
09-02-2002, 02:54 PM
Yeah Mike at RRE actually said the Koni inserts are better, that's cool with me cause that's what I have. Also, the Teins have been mentioned, but in any areas where it snows or where the roads are salted, they may corrode. That's not what I want to spend my money on, I'll probably stick with what I have (Koni inserts, AGX in rear, and H&R Springs).

-Mohammad

Tiller
09-02-2002, 04:34 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mochanges)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah Mike at RRE actually said the Koni inserts are better, that's cool with me cause that's what I have. Also, the Teins have been mentioned, but in any areas where it snows or where the roads are salted, they may corrode. That's not what I want to spend my money on, I'll probably stick with what I have (Koni inserts, AGX in rear, and H&R Springs).

-Mohammad</div>

what are the part numbers for the AGX rears...?

mochanges
09-02-2002, 06:19 PM
Hmm, not sure, they are the same ones as the 2G GSX Eclipse, if that helps at all. I don't have the part numbers unfortunately. Sorry.

-Mohammad

Tiller
09-02-2002, 07:18 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mochanges)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hmm, not sure, they are the same ones as the 2G GSX Eclipse, if that helps at all. I don't have the part numbers unfortunately. Sorry.

-Mohammad</div>

yup, that helped... thanks...! :thumbsup:

GalantT3
09-03-2002, 02:31 PM
When are they getting more?

Tiller
09-03-2002, 11:22 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GalantT3)</div><div class='quotemain'>When are they getting more?</div>

check out my post in the GB forum... they are going for $380 for the entire set shipped...

Ghost Beat
09-04-2002, 02:15 AM
i just ordered a set from rre https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif so guys id say go for it through them i waited months to get the fronts and soon as i heard about it i called them up mine should be on the way soon cant wait to put them on since my stock fronts are preety much dead so thanx for the heads up Mo

mochanges
09-04-2002, 12:15 PM
No problem, see tiller, when people try to help you, you should be nice to them. Ah well, some people just had deficient upbringings where they didn't learn manners. What can you do?

-Mohammad