View Full Version : power locks

sleepagalant
07-03-2003, 08:16 PM
ok my power locks dont work
how does one fix this or can this be done by an average joe
help please!!!

ewgiii
07-03-2003, 08:34 PM
sup man. I had a simulor problem. When i turned the key in the door twice, all the doors wouldn't unluck like they were supposed to. I'm still under warrenty, so i took it to Mitsu and they said they had to order a part(i could go try and find the name). They ordered it, fixed it, and when i came back, they accually gave me the remote i was supposed to get from carmax and programed it when i told them what happened. I'm starting to like that good ol' mitzu!

sleepagalant
07-04-2003, 10:37 AM
if i push the button to unlock it wont i have to manually do it..... to lock with the button i have to push it twice then it will .... this is from inside .... the key part works.... when i use my alarm controller it will lock but not unlock so i have to use my key to unlock it
thanks man i apprecitate all the help..... my car isnt under warranty any more unfortunately.... its a 95 S
i never recieved a controller for mine ..... guess that is what i get for buying at an Acura dealership

xpldy
07-05-2003, 01:50 AM
me neither...thats what i get for buying mine at a dodge dealership https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif my passenger door doesnt respond to the automatic locks....maybe its cursed when bought from dealers other than mitsu

silvergalantguy
07-06-2003, 01:30 PM
yea my driver door lock doesnt lock when i push the button on the drivers console. all the others lock but the drivers lock moves just a little and stops. i either have to push it manually or lock it with the key when the doors are closed. any ideas on what it could be.

whitelightning
07-16-2003, 02:09 AM
I have the same problem as silvergalantguy above, any suggestions?

JoshMan95
07-16-2003, 07:59 PM
the first thing i did when i had problems with my lant is i checked the fuses. the fuse for the electronic shit was burnt. my mechanic actually looked at it. i didnt personally but you get the idea 8)

sleepagalant
07-18-2003, 06:43 PM
havent checked them yet but .... its when i push the button i have to hold it to lock and it only works sometimes..... but it doesnt unlock :roll:

SkunK
07-18-2003, 07:21 PM
Sounds like maybe your switch is going bad.

silvergalantguy
07-19-2003, 02:50 AM
i dont fuckin believe it. about a year before my car got wrecked my drivers door lock stopped working correctly. its been on the road for about a month now since i got it fixed and a few times ive had to unlock it from the passenger door. now all of a sudden my drivers side door lock works. go figure. i know somthing is probably going out like a relay or something but as long as it works, fuck it.

bronxbombr
07-29-2003, 06:28 AM
I also am selling off my power door locks and ignition switch w/ keys.

Ositoyb
07-31-2003, 10:26 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ewgiii)</div><div class='quotemain'>sup man. Â*I had a simulor problem. Â*When i turned the key in the door twice, all the doors wouldn't unluck like they were supposed to. Â*I'm still under warrenty, so i took it to Mitsu and they said they had to order a part(i could go try and find the name). Â*They ordered it, fixed it, and when i came back, they accually gave me the remote i was supposed to get from carmax and programed it when i told them what happened. Â*I'm starting to like that good ol' mitzu!</div>
I also have the same problem as everyone else. Hey ewgiii, by any chance..did you find the name of what was wrong with your door? thanks

Ikudni
08-05-2003, 08:10 PM
Ok. My power locks just today are locking but not opening? Where the F@#k is the fuse for the damn power doors. Is it even the fuse???

whitelightning
08-07-2003, 11:22 PM
I have a similar problem but it is only the drivers door that will not lock or unlock so I am pretty sure it is the celonoid(sp?) but it may not be. I am posting in a another part of the subject and see if anyone knows. I think the problems may lie in your switches, A wire may have grounded out or something. I have no clue how you would check that on this car since the switches are on a single board but it is just a thought.

Ikudni
09-27-2003, 11:58 AM
I know this post has been asleep for awhile, but yesterday I gave in and took my car to the dealer to get these blasted door locks fixed. I pad too much, but they work. There is a master lock in the driver side door. That needs to be replaced if they are giving problems. the part was like 160 something at the dealer. I'm sure you can find it online for a lot less.