PDA

View Full Version : shaved emblems prob. wtf is that superglue

bam462
07-04-2003, 12:13 AM
ok heres the deal i got off my ass and went to shave um off. well when i takin off the adhesive left on there i noticed that under sum of the adhesive was what looks like super glue. how, if posible can i get this off with out damaging the paint ive tried bug and tar remover and goo gone. i cant pick it off cause it flakes the paint. i went to 3 auto stores today advanced autoparts, autozone and pepboys and turned up nothing i mean these peeps were as stumped as i am aint it there job to know. one of them said to go to home depot and get goof off but it looks the same as goo gone and sais it it dangerous to sum auto paints. if nothing will work where can i buy a carbonfiber ralliart emblem to put over where the ES was or where r places to get the ES emblem besides a mitsu dealership ( all this plus a 2 day suspention from work, right on my freekin birthday) thanks in advance

Faction
07-04-2003, 12:20 AM
sup, you watch cky? just by your name it says bam. use gasoline on rag to wipe it off, it works...just melts the glue

escoson
07-04-2003, 12:27 AM
ii rubbed it off with my finger really hard. this was in 30 degree weather https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

bam462
07-04-2003, 12:28 AM
not name from cky but i have 1 of there c.d.'s and there 2nd tape is funny as shit plus a girl i was bangin at one time is in there shes the one who flashes the camera bam is nickname that my paintball team gave me and the 462 is from the tool song 46&2 on topic gas wont hurt the clearcoat o what it wont cause if it did all around my gas tank would be gone ty ill go try it right now and get back to you

bam462
07-04-2003, 12:31 AM
hey esco im not talkin bout the adhesive im sayin that there is super glue under the black adhesive

Faction
07-04-2003, 12:37 AM
dosen't hurt the clear coat, make sure you wax the spot after you're done. when you get back IM me on AIM

J
07-04-2003, 12:48 AM
you know what takes out super glue...

you can get super glue remover, but try it first on a tiny spot somewhere else to see if it will damage the paint, somewhere not noticeable or try it on something you've painted first.

but i was gonna suggest, iodine. you can get some at the pharmacy, and mix some iodine with soap and water, and that works to take off super glue. be sure to wash and wax after just so you don't leave any iodine around, it might stain.

bam462
07-04-2003, 12:51 AM
gas did nothing fyi

tggotta12
07-04-2003, 03:29 AM
How do you shave emblems anyway ? is there a tutorial out there, i am a newbie to this site, thanks

peanotation
07-04-2003, 03:44 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Faction_03)</div><div class='quotemain'>sup, you watch cky? just by your name it says bam. Â*use gasoline on rag to wipe it off, it works...just melts the glue</div>

cky is the funniest collection of videos ever, those movies are the shit. and the band kicks ass too.

bam462
07-04-2003, 03:53 AM
easy tg just peel them off your trunk and rub the adheasive off but i got a suprize of sumthin that looks like super glue under the black adhesive i guess i will put them back on if nothing works i dam sure aint payin to have my trunk repainted anytime soon btw i took off the es and the mitsubishi emblem and i need a new or used es so if any one has one lieing around please pm me ill pay for the shiping

Fishboy55
07-04-2003, 06:35 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(J)</div><div class='quotemain'>you know what takes out super glue...

you can get super glue remover, but try it first on a tiny spot somewhere else to see if it will damage the paint, somewhere not noticeable Â*or try it on something you've painted first.

but i was gonna suggest, iodine. Â*you can get some at the pharmacy, and mix some iodine with soap and water, and that works to take off super glue. Â*be sure to wash and wax after just so you don't leave any iodine around, it might stain.</div>

Super Glue remover is just Acetone. Check with your girlie and borrow some of her nail polish remover. That will take it off pretty easily.

Calipso
07-04-2003, 07:12 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Faction_03)</div><div class='quotemain'>sup, you watch cky? just by your name it says bam. Â*use gasoline on rag to wipe it off, it works...just melts the glue</div>

cky is the funniest collection of videos ever, those movies are the shit. and the band kicks ass too.</div>

You better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout I'm telling you why................ CUZ I'M GONNA KILL YOU! FUCK FUCK FUCK! YAHHHHHH FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!

BigMike
07-04-2003, 04:24 PM
I used Simple Green and Orange Blast....and no Orange Blast did not take the paint off.

Note: do not combine the two

DragginWagon
07-04-2003, 04:42 PM
Whatever you do, don't use Goof-Off. It'll take off everything, right to the metal if you don't use it just right. And just right is pretty hard to come by when using Goof-Off.

bam462
07-04-2003, 10:24 PM
thank you for all sugestions dam it looks good with out them on there but untill i get money to paint trunk i will have to deal with the emblems

DragginWagon
07-04-2003, 10:27 PM
Did you try Goo Gone Sticker Remover? That's what most people use, and it gives good results for what it's worth. It doesn't eat paint. Just use it with a heat gun (hair dryer) and a plastic putty knife.

Messiah
07-04-2003, 10:31 PM
Boiling water crystalizes super glue...but I don't know how detrimental it is to the paint.