PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Body Mod......Questions...

Calipso
07-04-2003, 07:09 AM
I just did it yesterday and my ride was fast as shit. I didn't hit the gas at all and I was going 30 mph. It felt weird though because it put alot more stress on the brakes. Then this morning driving home from work it felt like the tranny was skipping/jamming on gears because I couldn't accelerate past 35 mph. When I tried to it felt like I was stuck in 2nd driving a stick, (Hitting redline). I put the TB back to normal and now my ride is fine.

Question 1: Has anyone else had this problem with pulling the TB back to the max?

Question 2: Has anyone had noticeable tranny or engine damage from this mod?

Question 3: Is there anyway to relieve stress on the brakes while keeping this mod on?

Just wanted to get some answers since I put the TB back where it was.

pinoyesv6
07-04-2003, 07:13 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Calipso)</div><div class='quotemain'>Question 3: Â*Is there anyway to relieve stress on the brakes while keeping this mod on?
</div>

don't push down so much on the gas pedal

VegasMatt
07-04-2003, 08:09 AM
Ive done the TB mod and havent noticed any of these problems.

:puzzled1:

Fishboy55
07-04-2003, 08:35 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Calipso)</div><div class='quotemain'>Question 3: Â*Is there anyway to relieve stress on the brakes while keeping this mod on?
</div>

don't push down so much on the gas pedal</div>
Why can't we just answer his question instead of trying to be funny??? :roll:

It's rather obvious to me that he made the cable too tight. If he goes 35mph without touching the gas, it's too tight. Calipso, go out to your car and start the motor. Let it idle while you loosen the bolts and take all the slack out of your throttle cable. Wait a few seconds for the engine to adjust. Now slowly pull back on the plate until all the slack is out of the cable. Listen carefully to your motor. If the idle speed increases, you're too tight. Move the plate back and start over. When you get to the point where the cable is as tight as possible, WITHOUT the idle speed increasing you've completed the mod. Tighten down the bolts and you're done.

Calipso
07-04-2003, 08:38 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Calipso)</div><div class='quotemain'>Question 3: Â*Is there anyway to relieve stress on the brakes while keeping this mod on?
</div>

don't push down so much on the gas pedal</div>
Why can't we just answer his question instead of trying to be funny??? :roll:

It's rather obvious to me that he made the cable too tight. If he goes 35mph without touching the gas, it's too tight. Calipso, go out to your car and start the motor. Let it idle while you loosen the bolts and take all the slack out of your throttle cable. Wait a few seconds for the engine to adjust. Now slowly pull back on the plate until all the slack is out of the cable. Listen carefully to your motor. If the idle speed increases, you're too tight. Move the plate back and start over. When you get to the point where the cable is as tight as possible, WITHOUT the idle speed increasing you've completed the mod. Tighten down the bolts and you're done.</div>

Alright, I'll try that when I wake up. I just thought it was odd how my tranny was acting.

leadfoot
07-04-2003, 09:16 AM
i just did mine and felt alot more responce off the line not too much because i didnt tighten it all the way but it was nice it idels at 1200 now i dont know how much more you can pull the cable.

Censee
07-04-2003, 12:48 PM
when i did the mod,my car guzzled soooo much gas it was horrible,although it felt more responsive i had to reloosen it some,,,,,,,,,,,i would spend 10 dollars worth of gas to go to the store at the corner

Calipso
07-04-2003, 03:14 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Censee)</div><div class='quotemain'>when i did the mod,my car guzzled soooo much gas it was horrible,although it felt more responsive i had to reloosen it some,,,,,,,,,,,i would spend 10 dollars worth of gas to go to the store at the corner</div>

I kinda had a gut feelin that something like that might happen. For adjusting something like the car's idle state.....in return your car would be going through gas, like Civics and stickers.

Fishboy55
07-04-2003, 10:40 PM
Guys, you're not adjusting the idle by doing the throttle body mod. All you're doing is just taking the extra slack out of the cable so when you step on the gas, there's no lag. The TB mod has absolutely nothing to do with idle speed unless you over tighten it.

leadfoot
07-04-2003, 11:50 PM
woops oh well it takes off more agressive i pulled on the wire a little bit then tigtened it but it's coo i was racing an accord and broke even from 75 to 105.

clone2020
07-12-2003, 01:37 PM
Tightening the throttle cable just removes the slack in the wire between the gas pedal and the throttle. It's like a hand brake on a kids bicycle.

2000GTZ
07-18-2003, 12:09 AM
does anyone have good clear pics of the TB mod area?

ive tried it according to one of the tutorials out there, but it seems like my cable is not tightening. id like to think that i actually completed the mod by sliding the plate, but idle RPM hasnt changed and the cable hasnt tightened. something im doing wrong? only different i feel is the gas pedal is a bit tighter. was that the outcome? im confused =)

pinoyesv6
07-18-2003, 12:11 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2000GTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>only different i feel is the gas pedal is a bit tighter. was that the outcome? im confused =)</div>

thats pretty much all the mod should do. remove the slack in the throttle cable and make the gas pedal a lil bit tighter.

2000GTZ
07-18-2003, 12:16 AM
...oh. :? damn.

shuura
07-18-2003, 09:53 AM
where do I find info on the throttle body mod?

Titanium2K2
07-18-2003, 01:11 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(shuura)</div><div class='quotemain'>where do I find info on the throttle body mod?</div>

http://theonechameleon.tripod.com/tipsandtricks.htm#tb ('http://theonechameleon.tripod.com/tipsandtricks.htm#tb')

shuura
07-18-2003, 03:49 PM
thanx