PDA

View Full Version : Evolution Style hood

LeNzGTZ
07-04-2003, 03:13 PM
<span style='color:green'>Hey people! I'm back with my Hood Questions!
OK... I was lookin into the carbon fiber evo style hood and i see that a few of you have it so you can answer my questions... The Scoops look like they are open a lot.. so when it rains or snows.... WHAT HAPPENS?? everyone is advising me against the hood but i figured if it was a problem no one would have them</span>

Alister_McRae
07-04-2003, 04:02 PM
ive seen some with some sort of backing to them so if your worried about them you can get fiber glass backing, im not sure, Jason aka prophet is our man when it comes to these hoods so give him a pm.

VegasMatt
07-04-2003, 04:05 PM
The vent is covered so minimums amount of moisture get in.

I took mine out so the heat can escape out those vents.

It gets hot in there with the blower.

Censee
07-04-2003, 04:05 PM
who ever is advising u against the hood is a dumbass......the hood comes with the scoops covered,,it has a fiberglass cover underneath that can be taken off or put on.......

Ghost Beat
07-04-2003, 04:07 PM
ya the hoods perfectly fine, the scoops dont affect anything badly to my knowledge. also if you rlooking to buy one im selling mine brand new never left me room if you're intrested gimme a pm.

Cali
07-04-2003, 04:15 PM
i took the backing out of mine to make it more fuctional and i've been through some VERY VERY heavy rain and it never caused me any problems.

TWISTED II
07-04-2003, 05:22 PM
rain? snow? https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

Dilemma
07-04-2003, 05:34 PM
It has a cover vs the elements. If you want the hood check out our group buy section. there is one running for the evo hoods.

Messiah
07-04-2003, 06:19 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cali)</div><div class='quotemain'>i took the backing out of mine to make it more fuctional and i've been through some VERY VERY heavy rain and it never caused me any problems.</div>

You left the backing out during a rain?

Cali
07-05-2003, 12:36 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragon)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cali)</div><div class='quotemain'>i took the backing out of mine to make it more fuctional and i've been through some VERY VERY heavy rain and it never caused me any problems.</div>

You left the backing out during a rain?</div>

all the time.

Prophet
07-05-2003, 01:09 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cali)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragon)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cali)</div><div class='quotemain'>i took the backing out of mine to make it more fuctional and i've been through some VERY VERY heavy rain and it never caused me any problems.</div>

You left the backing out during a rain?</div>

all the time.</div>

Me to Nick. I went through winter and the raining season with it off. I did find out though that a little bit of moisture will get into the plugs and ground it out though.