PDA

View Full Version : JIC SUSPENSION KIT IS OUT BUT WILL IT FIT THE GALANT???

GalantT3
09-01-2002, 11:41 AM
I was doing some searching and I found this but I wanted to know if it will fit the 8G Galant because it says its for the Eclipse. I guess the only way to find out is to call. But I guess some of the pros around on these boards can give me their opinions on if its good or not and if it will fit.

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/3g/3gjicinfo.htm ('http://www.roadraceengineering.com/3g/3gjicinfo.htm')

RedGalant2k1
09-01-2002, 11:57 AM
it fits.

GalantT3
09-01-2002, 12:09 PM
Ok cool, thats for the feedback

What do u think do you think its worth it??

I happen to like the products they make https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Ol School Pervert
09-01-2002, 12:11 PM
its worth it. but it duznt compare to tein suspension, and that should be coming out within the next few months.

GalantT3
09-01-2002, 12:14 PM
And why doesnt it compare? :?:

TJC
09-01-2002, 01:04 PM
One slight factor to consider. Most Eclipse suspension parts will fit the Galant but as you know the Eclipse is lighter than the Galant so the dynamics is slightly different. What would be ideal in getting Eclipse suspensions is if they offer them in different spring rates, to go a little higher if you want the same performance as they were designed to do on the Eclipse. It's still not a perfect system as the struts/shocks are also valved for the Eclipse's weight in mind. IMHO, if you can wait for some to be specifically designed for the Galant, that's best. Just my 2 cents.

.........hmmm, after much thinking, maybe you can also lighten your car to the point it's the same as the Eclipse, then they would perform pretty much the same, lol. :wink:

Auto-9
09-01-2002, 02:25 PM
Alright honey you heard TJC, out the door you go...

GalantT3
09-01-2002, 07:56 PM
:cry: Damn I thought I was on to something.

I guess Ill just wait then thanx TJC.

TJC
09-02-2002, 04:12 AM
Alright honey you heard TJC, out the door you go...

Hahaha! I think the spare tire will do. And you can only fill up to 1/4 tank of gas b/c of the new suspension, lol. "But honey, I don't want to mess up the dynamics of my new suspension!" :wink: :hhg: :lauging:

Actually after much thinking again........ how much of a difference are we talking about from an Eclipse to a Galant. Just a couple of passengers will easily change the total weight.

Suspension experts? How much less/extra weight on each corner will actually make it out of manufacturer operating tolerances it was intended for? I'm sure there was a window of weight in mind when tuning the suspension for optimum performance.

pinoyesv6
09-02-2002, 05:19 PM
don't forget that the eclipse and the galant's weigh itsn't that much different. drop a system in the eclipse and u got the galant's weight. if you got an i4 things are even better for u cuz yea that extra weight would be conpensated by like having a v6 eclipse. but yea u can use it. it fits. just got to find an installer here in the east coast. someone that can tune it for u and stuff for a good ride

Kingman
09-02-2002, 08:15 PM
The JIC is also fairly complicated to install.

I read on the 3g boards that RRE would only sell them if they installed them. It requires extensive fabrication from what I have read. And if done incorrectly you just wasted 1700.

TJC
09-10-2002, 10:17 PM
If you are getting a full suspension system, knowledgable places can have them pre-set for you the way you like your ride to be so when you get them, you can just pop them on.

Of course we are usually talking about an older kit that's been carried by a shop for a while so they know the exact setting to dial in the exact ride qualities you are looking for. And of course this really only applies to really sophisticated suspensions that have tons of variations that make it a little overwhelming for a novice to try and figure out, especially the ones that have separate dampen and rebound settings and have more than 10 settings each.

Kingman
09-11-2002, 02:51 PM
To install the Jic, you have to cut out some of the top of the body where the strut tower mounts to accomadate for the JIC adjustabel strut tower top.

In other words a pain in the but.

benson
09-22-2002, 05:19 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GalantT3)</div><div class='quotemain'>:cry: Damn I thought I was on to something. Â*

I guess Ill just wait then thanx TJC.</div>

Dude, you should just mod your penile conduit and just get it over with...

And then buy a real car...

speedracerparts.com
10-11-2002, 12:22 PM
FYI

JIC FLT-A2 and FLT-2 Coilover kits

have a different part # for Eclipse and Galant. So they are not the same parts

FLT-A2 offer 15 ways damper settings, Beefy 40mm piston and 2 way height adjustment.
$1679.95

FLT-2 offers 2 way height adjustment. - no damper settings.
$1499.

Both includes top pillow mount. and dual height adjustment. This means you can lower the shock body and leave the spring perch in an optimal range setting to obtain optimal travel for shock efficiency.

check it out http://www.speedracerparts.com/jicmagic1.html ('http://www.speedracerparts.com/jicmagic1.html')

Reelax
10-11-2002, 01:03 PM
the JIC set is basically a full race adjustable set like in GT3. there are different spring rates available and each set includes upper pillow ball mounts to adjust for camber / pitch etc. they are worth the $2000.00 for parts and install / inital tune but that's only if u plan on getting the engine work to push the suspension near it's limit. also RRE are experts w/ the JIC units since they use them in their race cars. i trust mike at road race and if i go JIC, i will get it done there (RRE is only offering the FLT-A2 units). if u just want an adjustable drop and pretty good ride quality, get ground control and kyb agx. also the TEIN set is highly anticipated, especially if it will be compatible w/ their in cabin electronic dampening adjustment system.