PDA

View Full Version : Help with HID!

Exalenger
07-04-2003, 09:28 PM
Are HID legal? And what are their disadvantages? Can I use both Low Beam and Highbeam? Please help me, I don't want to invest 500-600 dollars and can't use them correctly. Thank Y'ALL! :?

escoson
07-04-2003, 09:37 PM
if u dont want to invest do this.

go find a 03 maxima
break out front grill
cut horn
rip head lights out

and walla u have hids for nothing.

(i am not responsible if u do this, i dont steal nor am i stating that you should either, just stating how people break into the maximas so easily)

GaLanT
07-04-2003, 09:56 PM
HID's are pretty tricky. HID's themselves are legal. HID's that come on cars stock are legal.. but when you mount HID's on a NON-HID car, they become illegal, or so I've been told. I have been pulled over a few times for them. You could get a HI-Low beam kit, but i just have a low beam kit... i don't use my hi-beams anyway.

galantv600
07-05-2003, 12:47 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GaLanT)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have been pulled over a few times for them. </div>

what u get?!?! ticket warning or he just say they are bright....

ASTIG
07-05-2003, 11:26 PM
you get pulled over because your lights probably have insufficient shielding...which causes your beam to be scattered and may look like you got your high beams on. make sure when using aftermarket hid retrofits that the bulb has a shield on the bottom. also you might have to re-aim your headlights since the focal point of the retrofit hid may not match the oem h4 bulbs.

I've hid's on both my cars...and even 6000k color temp on my monty...never been pulled over.

also, like previously mentioned, ALL HID retrofits are illegal! only OEM HID is legal.

GaLanT
07-06-2003, 11:19 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galantv600)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GaLanT)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have been pulled over a few times for them. </div>

what u get?!?! ticket warning or he just say they are bright....</div>

just a warning, because technically "it ain't my car https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif"