PDA

View Full Version : RPW HEADER AND HI_FLOW CAT (Vision Import)

CNascimento
09-01-2002, 12:00 PM
Hey everyone I was wondering if anyone had any trouble getting there headers and hi-flow from Vision imports I ordered mine about 2.5 weeks ago and I have not seen anything yet.. (I did have them coating them as well) But regardless Matt Hodge @ Vision told me that it would take about 1-2 weeks... Let me know if there is any word from anyone else.... Oh, and Matt is not returning my emails (my guess is that he is on Vacation because he is usually really good... WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK????

Auto-9
09-01-2002, 12:35 PM
What I think is RPW hasn't shipped the new V6 headers out yet and the 4 cylinders are just now on their way and that no one including me has gotten the new versions yet. As long as you haven't been charged you're fine. I ordered mine back in July, been waiting longer than you have https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

b-boy_sky
09-01-2002, 03:15 PM
Yeah I had put an order in for some too and recently e-mailed matt about it.....he wrote me this:

We are awaiting our shipment from australia. We shipped
a crate of over 50 headers, so it will take a bit
longer to get to us. I think we should get them in
about a week. But we've never shipped a crate before so
i have no Idea exactly how long it will take.
Thanks
Matt

This e-mail was sent to me less than a week ago.....so hopfully we should get our parts in under 2 weeks......hopfully....

Lazarus
09-01-2002, 05:02 PM
I just call an talked to matt weekly and he said they the headers should have gotten here around thursday or friday 29/30 but because of the holiday they may end up getting here like tuesday. as for the turn around for the coating he said they that takes 2 days so If you got the coating also then you should expect for them to get shipped later on this week. If you want just send me your name and i will call him up again on frieday to see who's got shipped and whose are still there. thanks.

Auto-9
09-01-2002, 07:59 PM
Tiiiiiiiiiiiiight https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif I didn't order anything special with mine, just headers and high flow cat...I might be able to get them on before the Texas meet after all https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

VegasMatt
09-01-2002, 11:12 PM
I talked to Matt@Vision and they should have them this week, probably on Tuesday. I received a PM from Mitsiman aka Dave Thomas and he says they went out last monday. Mine were for the V6 and I ordered the Headers, HFC and FPR.

If you can find out if mine went out, I would appreciate it.

Matt

Lazarus
09-04-2002, 04:41 AM
Hey All I talked to matt again yesturday and he keeps giving me the same answer week after week hesays there still waiting on them to come in and they should be here around the ehd of the week. I guess what he is sayig is that he doesn't know but he says it's because he hasn't had a shippment come in this big and he doesn't know how long it will take. Sorry guys looks like it will be a little bit longer

Fishboy55
09-04-2002, 08:09 AM
Good things are worth waiting for....Just be patient and you'll be rewarded. Trust me...The extra time RPW is taking to ensure proper fitment will pay off when you get the headers and they bolt up as promised. Just make sure you adjust your steering wheels for the woodies you're all gonna get the first time you start your cars with the RPW's in place. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

Chip

VegasMatt
09-04-2002, 08:29 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'> Just make sure you adjust your steering wheels for the woodies you're all gonna get the first time you start your cars with the RPW's in place. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

Chip</div>

I am not very big so there will be no adjusting. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

I actually read on the eclipse forum that the test shipment was received this week and they are getting put on today. As soon as she says they fit appropiatly, RPW will ship them out to VisionImports. So we are still at least two weeks out.

Matt

Tiller
09-04-2002, 08:43 AM
i'm going to wait for the mass production runs before i purchase mine...

i defintitely want them coated somehow as well... winters in PA will eat them up...

Mitsiman
09-06-2002, 07:59 AM
Okay heres some confirmation for everyone.

A very large crate with 23 sets of 8G Galant I4 headers left on Friday on an airplane (They were picked up Wednesday but left tonight) and Vision Imports should receive them by approx Wednesday next week.

This should satisfy mostly everyone. We only sent 9 cat converters though so if more than 9 people want cat converters as well then we will send some more in the next crate going in approx 2 weeks which will be made up of the 7G Galant i4 headers and wait for it - the V6 Headers as well (maybe 2 crates) along with the new lancer 2.0 headers (Maybe 3 crates)

The test fitter for the V6 headers is fitting them on Tuesday confirmed so know we will find out ht einfo we need.

David Thomas
www.rpw.com.au

VegasMatt
09-06-2002, 08:32 AM
Damn...I am not getting my headers for another month now...

Auto-9
09-06-2002, 12:16 PM
Yeah I was hoping I'd have it on by the Texas meet...guess the peeps will miss out https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

VegasMatt
09-06-2002, 03:48 PM
You were hoping to have them on for the Texas Meet? I was hoping to have them on last Easter.

But Fishboy says they are worth the wait...

The only thing that sucks is that I had the headers sitting in my living room, and I shipped them back to Vision for the redesigned set. If I knew it was going to be this long, I would have just kept the ones I had.

Dave,
Please dont forget to send me my HFC and FPR with my order. Send me a boomerang too...

Matt

Fishboy55
09-06-2002, 06:17 PM
You were hoping to have them on for the Texas Meet? I was hoping to have them on last Easter.

But Fishboy says they are worth the wait...

The only thing that sucks is that I had the headers sitting in my living room, and I shipped them back to Vision for the redesigned set. If I knew it was going to be this long, I would have just kept the ones I had.

Dave,
Please dont forget to send me my HFC and FPR with my order. Send me a boomerang too...

Matt
How do you think I feel? I'm the one that recommended you send them back. And all the mods and welding and cutting and measuring was done to MY car so you guys could have the bolt ons! But seriously, they ARE worth the wait. Dave is out of stock on Boomerangs, but he does have some nice stickers...

Chip

Auto-9
09-06-2002, 06:49 PM
I want a kangaroo for compensation...

VegasMatt
09-06-2002, 10:58 PM

Dude, you made my rum and coke shout out my nose when I read that.

I want a hottie Australian Chick for compensation. They are nice down there... literally.

Matt

Chip,
I have a question for you...
Are they worth the wait?
Haha.. i think youve told me that twenty times.

Take Care,
Matt

Fishboy55
09-07-2002, 07:26 AM

Chip,
I have a question for you...
Are they worth the wait?
Haha.. i think youve told me that twenty times.

Take Care,
Matt
No Matt I think they're junk. I'd go with the Acme Headers, manufactured by Wyle E. Coyote and guaranteed to fit an 8G and they're available right now at http://www.lifeisajoke.com/miscellaneous10_html.htm ('http://www.lifeisajoke.com/miscellaneous10_html.htm')
:hhg: :hhg:

Chip

Auto-9
09-07-2002, 09:49 AM
No way...buy my custom set of headers. Made out of aircraft quality T101 galvanized paper, million millimeter warranty or 7 second/70,000 millimeter warranty whichever comes first...

VegasMatt
09-07-2002, 09:54 AM
You two are to much.

I cant wait to get these headers and all the other goodies i got going on when the headers show up. I will be super quick!

Lazarus
09-11-2002, 03:29 PM
Well All I called Matt again today adnthe same e old story. But they do "expect" them this week. He even went ahead and billed me for mine today(I paid via credit card) But He says by next week you should have them at yoiur door.

Auto-9
09-11-2002, 04:22 PM
Really? I guess they now know how long it takes to ship from Australia...wow I guess Dave can perform the required modifications (test fitter still didn't work out perfectly), ship them to the states, and get them to our door by Friday the 21st. Now that is amazing stuff...wish all of my crap moved that fast https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif Wonder if Vision billed me too...

Kingman
09-12-2002, 07:55 AM
Looks like they will be a bit longer now. I am going to try to get my money back this BS is getting on my nerves.

Auto-9
09-12-2002, 08:41 AM
I thought about doing the same, but since this is going to be my last performance mod for a good, long while I decided to keep waiting.

Kingman
09-12-2002, 08:49 AM
I am done trying to mess with this car.

Everytime i make some progress more negative happens.

I am buying another 300zx twin turbo and getting some real speed.

Lazarus
09-12-2002, 02:27 PM
My Theory,
Well guys This is what I think happened. The Package got caught up in customs. think of it like this. We just got went through Sept 11 again and in order to prevent any other incidents Security was up all over. and Recieving a package of 50+ heasers from Australia may not seem like news to us but it may have been a big issue out in California when they got the package. That's what I think Happened. I was thinking about it last night. Maybe it was somehtnig else but that is what keeps me going for now.

Kingman
09-12-2002, 05:39 PM
They have not even been shipped yet.

worst yet

They are not ready to be shipped.

even worse.

They have to make another set of corrections.

So figure a month from now we might see them.

VegasMatt
09-12-2002, 06:03 PM
If youve been following the other post about these headers and following the link in that forum that takes you to the Eclipse Forum you will see that the corrected headers prototype was shipped out and there are still corrections that need to be made. Even more corrections than when Chip had them. We are looking at another 3 to 5 weeks before these are shipped with the corrected design.

If Dave @RPW makes another change to them and there are more problems, look for another wait after the original 3 weeks.

Matt

Kingman
09-12-2002, 07:51 PM
lets narrow it down further.

Dave sent someone names Rach the original corrected pipe a couple of weeks ago. She just got it put on this week. Several weeks after getting it. She found out and posted yesterday, that they still did not fit without modifications, but they were installed tuesday.

Dave has not sent out any of the v6 headers. The 4 cyl and 7g headers are already at vision. Now he has to fix the new problems. Looks like he should pick more test fitters like chip that get it done quickly.

Maybe by next year we will have them. Sorry I am just very dissapointed in all the mess.

Mitsiman
09-12-2002, 09:05 PM
To clarify some information here

(A) 23 Sets of 8G Galant / Eclipse I4 headers have been freighted and arrived at the Orlando Airport. There is a time delay for customs and then for them to be delivered via a truck to Vision Imports. I would be very surprised that the crate is not at Vision Imports by now.

(https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif There were some fitment problems with the V6 headers but we are organising right now to modify a set in stock and send them via air fright direct to vision Imports who will contact a local custoemr and fit them up straight away. This will be done probably Wednesday / Thursday and allow us to still work within our time frame of 3 weeks.

© The 7G Galant headers are now under production working off the results of Vision Imports tst fitment to a car. They will be definitly leavingat the same time as the V6 headers. IF the V6 headers are not ready to go the 7G headers will leave seperate then to get things moving.

Note - the ari freight of our pallets only takes 4 days to deliver from Australia to the USA. We then have to allow for customs and further transport which is approx 3 days.

David Thomas
www.rpw.com.au

Auto-9
09-12-2002, 09:24 PM
To each his own https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif I gotta finish paying off my car first https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Lazarus
09-14-2002, 05:11 AM
thanks for clearing that up Dave. The word I keep getting from matt is that they are expecting them but for some reason they haven't got them yet. Dave told me that he went ahead and charged my card earlier this week, and that I should expect the header with the jet-coat by the end of next week or Early October at the Latest.

Mitsiman
09-14-2002, 05:27 AM
No problems - I know matt is trying very hard to get these headers out to everyone as well as start stocking these items for future customers. Bear with him as he sorts things out as remember, this is all new territory for all of us shipping larger qauntities of extractors to the USA.

David thomas
www.rpw.com.au

VegasMatt
09-19-2002, 01:01 PM
<sliding 100 bucks under the table>

Ship mine out first.... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif

Mitsiman
09-19-2002, 07:34 PM
Word from the freight company is that they had to ship it to Tampa, Orlando I think instead of the Orlando international airport because of customs and then the customs broker had to go through the paperwork. Being the first package of this nature we had to sort out the legalities so we can make it quicker next time.

Anyway the goods are being delviered to Vision Imports this week I beleive once through customs.

David Thomas
www.rpw.com.au

Auto-9
09-19-2002, 09:32 PM
The goods being the 4 banger extractors, right...

Mitsiman
09-20-2002, 02:53 AM
Yes - the V6 extractor 2nd sample has been sent on Air freight to Vision Imports for another test fitment. They should receive the goods Tuesday and fit them to a car hopefully Wednesday

David Thomas
ww.wrpw.coma.u

VegasMatt
09-27-2002, 12:42 AM
Tim,

What about the V6 HFC from RPW? Will those be coming with the V6 Headers? I ordered one with my headers, as well as a Rising FPR.
Anxiously waiting for those 3 things....!
Dave if you can elaborate, go ahead.

Matt

Mitsiman
09-27-2002, 02:34 AM
Yes HFC units will be an option for the V6 header systems.

Yes we just sent a heap of FPR units off to Vision but we will probably need to send some more to cope with the increased demand (This is a good thing).

The latest test sample aer on there way to Vision and we should have word back very soon on there fitment.

David Thomas
www.rpw.com.au