PDA

View Full Version : Just put on rims need help!!

IceDouTGaLanT
07-07-2003, 03:57 PM
Hey i just got my rims in today and i got them put on..When i go my rims put on i seen the brakes thing in the back are like rusted and flaking off..Shyt look nasty the front as as bad what can i do?...Im alredy gona buy the Front Bembro roters? Do they make ne thing for the rear brake roters? And those Calbers are nasty looking they make new bembro onesI seen some on u paint it but i dont kno how to take them off. :?:

akiraflux
07-07-2003, 04:14 PM
buying new rotors is really the only way to get rid of it short of spending many many hours trying to clean the rust off.

i suggest on your new rotors getting the zinc plating. this will help keep rust off of them for a lot longer.

(that shit bugs me too!)

escoson
07-07-2003, 04:31 PM
the just is normal. it happens to all cars except few high ends and most exotics. aem makes a nice big break kit for the galant for around 4-600. there complete kit cost around the same as a brembo kit (2500-3400)

Danger DANJ
07-08-2003, 11:04 AM
You don't need to remove the calipers to paint them if you get the G2 caliper paint or another brand that brushes on. It's easy to brush on without getting the paint on things you don't want to. Just make sure you clean the calipers really good. Needless to say, you would have to remove the calipers if you plan on changing the rotors.