PDA

View Full Version : The damn little things.....

Cxshortie
09-01-2002, 10:24 PM
I bought my car 9/1/01 and I was just sitting here thinking about the little annoyances I have had with this car, dont get me wrong, I love the car, but the little things are starting to get to me.

-Excessive (right door and glove box over every little bump)rattling October 01, fixed

-Drivers side rattle, seatbelt and passenger window, fixed December 01

-Someone knocks mirror off of car 1/02 (sorta unrelated, but some fold ins would be nice)

-Rear clunking when breaking, started like once a week, then once a day, then every time I am driving, then every time I break, 3-4 dealer visits to fix, May-June 2002

-Seatbelt or seat squeak, dealer oils it, car stinks for two weeks, still squeaks -- August 2002

-Service Engine Soon Light comes on, 19,400 miles, WTH! Immediately take the car to the dealer, random misfire, 8/31/02

I am driving this car to florida in two weeks which will be a 2000 mile round trip drive, so it better not start no shit!

Sorry guys I just needed to vent!

Tiller
09-01-2002, 11:57 PM
damn, sound slike you've had quite a bit of un-routine maintainence... i sure hope i do not have any of these annoying squeaks/ rattles BS...

RedGalant2k1
09-02-2002, 12:37 AM
Use "One Lube" it fixes ALL squeaks :thumbsup:

It fixed mine https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

At least the Galant is under warranty for your trip.

vbquad
09-02-2002, 02:24 AM
Cxshortie, can you tell me what they did to fix each of those problems? i have some of them myself and would like to knowwhat they did to fix it thanks!

Cxshortie
09-02-2002, 10:32 AM
man, if this shit wasnt under warranty it would be out the door, also I am thankful my mitsu dealer is very helpful and friendly.

VB which problems are you having? I will pull out my dealer printouts

Auto-9
09-02-2002, 10:42 AM
I'm starting to get the door rattles myself, haven't been to the dealership yet. Any idea? A glove box fix wouldn't hurt either...

RedGalant2k1
09-02-2002, 10:52 AM
To be honest the only things you have to worry about are the SES Light and Brakes, the squeaks anf rattles are just normal from everyday driving over bumps, potholes, etc etc but i'm sure you know that.

It also depends on your own driving style as to what happens to the car if you drive hard and stomp the brakes hard a lot they'll wear down faster, or problems will arise earlier.

I had my brakes turned and pads replaced at around 27,000 miles, no clunks, scraps, nothing just needed to be turned. If you let you maintenence fall by the way side things like the rear brake 'clunking' will happen.

Good Luck with the car.

Cxshortie
09-02-2002, 12:57 PM
My car was at the dealer every 3000 miles exactly, at the mitsu dealer because sometimes I dont trust these little places on the side.

When my clunking start, I wasnt doing much driving I had just got laid off. My rotors had a stress crack in them and they were replaced under warranty. They thought some other part of the brake or some shit was hanging up on the rotors when i started to brake causing the problem.

Yeah the rattles arent that big of a problem, but when you start to hear them every time you drive and your car is damn near new it does get annoying. Sometimes the seat squeak or whatever it is will happen over the slightest bump in the road, sounds like my dads truck with 325K miles on it.

pinoyesv6
09-02-2002, 05:33 PM
those little things are kinda annoying but thats because u take care of u car and notice the little things. i mean my brother drove his old truck for months without ABS. the lights were on too. my car has been in for service for even the littlest things. its jsut that u notice it thats all. its a good thing

Cxshortie
09-02-2002, 07:40 PM
i know some people that dont take care of their stuff like my older sister for instance, her first car burned oil, but when the oil light came on, she just ignored it for a couple of weeks.....until that shit caught on fire!

Like I cant stand to drive around knowing something on the outside of my car is out of place, like i see people with no hubcaps driving around or like missing two, that would drive me crazy, i went through a rain puddle in philly on the way home from school one night and two hubcaps fell off(when i had my mirage), dont you know i was trying to find somewhere to get those hubcaps like 20 minutes later. Then, there is my sister, someone hit her car in like july, two months ago, bumper hanging off, got the check a while ago and the bumper still hanging off....some things i just cant do!

Ever ride in someones car making all these noises and they just try to talk over top of them or pretend they dont hear them. That definitely is not me. The second I hear something i got to do something about it.

Dilemma
09-02-2002, 11:46 PM
aye..i know how u feel man...little things tend to annoy me and there just some things i cant do w/o cash but hey..for those little things random little DIY jobs and fix that GL man

Auto-9
09-03-2002, 12:05 AM
Still better than domestic build quality though https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Cxshortie
09-03-2002, 06:38 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rallifan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Still better than domestic build quality though https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif</div>

Got that right,let me not even get started on my moms new yorker she bought 7 months before i got my mirage back in the day, computers went, this went that went, one day we are riding down the street with no wipers (wasnt raining but still), no turn signals, no air, didnt know how fast she was going or anything. The one day she was doing like 25 in the local area and the speedo shot up to 115 and the car started acting crazy, they brough her a rental car, a plymouth breeze and that was leaking gas out of the tailpipe! At least my things are little....

Tiller
09-03-2002, 12:57 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rallifan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Still better than domestic build quality though https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif</div>

that's funny man... considering our cars were built in Illinois...

Auto-9
09-03-2002, 02:11 PM
Yours maybe, I still don't know if my dealer screwed up or not. Besides we usually know that when we mention domestics we tend to refer to the U.S. automakers...unless you're talking about me specifically. I'm made in Taiwan https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif