PDA

View Full Version : Custom Air Filter

GalantSpeed
07-08-2003, 07:35 PM
So i was bored about an hour ago, we had a screen door going to the back porch and everyone kept walking in to it so it finally broke. well i got a bright idea and decided to take my filter off and use a piece of the screen as a filter....it made a big difference as far as pick up goes. i just took off the cone filter, used the clamp that held it on and clamped the screen to the metal bracket that holds the filter in place....i just test drove it and it's very nice, you can actually hear the air being sucked up when i drive....i dunno...just sounds cool....i'm keeping the filter in my car just incase.....

pinoyesv6
07-08-2003, 07:42 PM
the holes in the screen used for screen doors are too big. a regular air filter can filter microscopic particles. by just having a screen you risk damaging you MAS and other parts of the motor.

if you want to be ghetto like that, at least use a coffee filter and do it that way, you just have to change it every couple dozen miles.

GalantSpeed
07-08-2003, 10:15 PM
yeah i forgot about the dirt part of it, so i put the filter back on. didn't think about a coffee filter though. i think i might try it.... have you done it? lol

pinoyesv6
07-08-2003, 10:38 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GalantSpeed)</div><div class='quotemain'> didn't think about a coffee filter though. i think i might try it.... have you done it? lol</div>

nope, i don't feel like changing my filter every 20 minutes...

krazienluv10
07-09-2003, 02:14 AM
u can try using a couple layers of panty hose.... a bit ghetto but ohhh well... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif yea ull mess up the engine with the screen net, lots of dirt will go through easily...

VypA
07-09-2003, 11:15 AM
yea i wouldnt do it all the time, but when ur racing or go to the track or whatever, put a few layers of pantyhose on instead of you cone filter, itll keep the big stuff out and doin it for a couple miles out of every thousand or so probly wont hurt anything