PDA

View Full Version : Engine/homemade security ??

Turboutlaw
09-02-2002, 10:32 AM
If I unplug the MAS for my intake will the car be able to start, and will someone be able to like drive it?

Fishboy55
09-02-2002, 11:17 AM
It'll start. It'll idle like shit, but yes it's driveable without it. Your check engine light will go on. And what's to stop someone from popping the hood and plugging it back in. You have an engine disabilizer built into the car stock. Unless someone has the key with the chip in it they can't drive the car.

Chip

galant2kde
09-08-2002, 01:14 AM
we have a what built in to our engine? umm where is this located and how is it used?

Auto-9
09-08-2002, 09:06 AM
The engine immobilizer prevents people from hotwiring your car or whatever other methods they may try to start your vehicle without your key. Thing is if they pay a visit to the local library they can learn all about this in the Import Repair Guide model years 1997-2001, which includes the 8g Galant. I was trying to figure out my car using those reference books but like I said it's all noodles in my head.

pinoyesv6
09-08-2002, 04:28 PM
easiset thing u can do is do what the cops do. put a boot on one of your wheels, lets see some1 drive with one of them on....