PDA

View Full Version : shogun modifiactions

2000g-boy
09-02-2002, 10:33 AM
how much mods are needed to fit shogun kit.other than headlightgap

SuperchargedGTZ
09-04-2002, 07:23 AM
significant

Back: either the choice of removing the black plastic bumper (not a good one) or remove all the extra fiberglass with a grinder or some sort of compressed air cutter

Sides: still have not been able to fit these. these sides are the new ones and looks like they are going to require some serious mods

Front: wasnt that bad but i really didnt need to do any cutting for this piece.

If you wanna, check out my pics and that will give you an idea.

good luck

Mgalant99
09-04-2002, 10:22 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GTZ27)</div><div class='quotemain'>significant

Back: Â*either the choice of removing the black plastic bumper (not a good one) or remove all the extra fiberglass with a grinder or some sort of compressed air cutter

Sides: Â*still have not been able to fit these. Â*these sides are the new ones and looks like they are going to require some serious mods

Front: Â*wasnt that bad but i really didnt need to do any cutting for this piece.

If you wanna, check out my pics and that will give you an idea.

good luck</div>

Yeah good luck lol. I to do not have the sides installed either, I can't figure out how to get them on. I've tried everything really that I can do and know of. As for the front I had to cut my headlights a bit to fit on there but other then that everything else fit except I do have some gaps by the headlight. For the rear I chose number 1 take the black plastic bumper out. Not a wise one but hey what r u gonna do. lol. Well good luck if you are installing it. Let us know how it comes out.

dicksteel
09-04-2002, 06:10 PM
how much do you guy's think it will cost to get the shogun put on at a bodyshop? i am installation challenged!

Mgalant99
09-04-2002, 07:49 PM
I was quoted $850-$1000 from 4 different body shops here and that was for just install no paint.

CNascimento
09-05-2002, 10:21 AM
WHY IS THIS KIT SO HARD TO FIT? DOES ANYONE HAVE THE SIDE SKIRTS FITED? I SEEMS CRAZY THAT THIS KIT IS SO HARD TO FIT...

pinoyesv6
09-05-2002, 11:13 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CNascimento)</div><div class='quotemain'>WHY IS THIS KIT SO HARD TO FIT? Â*DOES ANYONE HAVE THE SIDE SKIRTS FITED? Â* I SEEMS CRAZY THAT THIS KIT IS SO HARD TO FIT...</div>

no need to scream...first of all, first remember that the kit is fiberglass and there will be some imperfections in a kit. secondly remember that the kit wasn't made specifically for the USDM galants. the front bumper and the sideskirts were made for the JDM legnum and the rear bumper was made for the JDM galant. they are totally different cars compared to the USDM galant. but hey, what figerglass body kit is an easy install anyways. if u want it to fit in there good, u got to do some work to it.

Mgalant99
09-05-2002, 01:02 PM
thanks Pinoy!!!