PDA

View Full Version : o2 sensor

laosboyroy
07-11-2003, 03:04 PM
Well I was seein if anyone changed theres im in the process but i aint got the right tool. but the one after the catalac converter any one just use the plug in or did you have to splice into it :wink:

flipz_ny79
07-12-2003, 05:26 PM
If you use the the plug in for the O2 sensor behind the cat, the harness is accessed from the drivers side floor board. For tools needed youll just need a open end wrench. Its been a while since Ive done it but I believe it was a 7/8 wrench, but I would make sure first.

laosboyroy
07-13-2003, 12:21 AM
well i got that out and put in, but it wasnt the prob my car still hesitates now and then. Ive changed my cap and rotors plugs and wires fuel filter and im runnin out of ideas any one wanna help me out here.

Livn2sk8
07-15-2003, 06:10 PM
fuel pump? maybe something clogging exhaust? too much goin in...and not enough to allow for all of it to go out? I dunno...i'm just BSing right now...but if it sounds like it's choking...ya know?

If you use process of elimination.....

Plugs = New
Wires = New
Fuel Filter = New...

yadda yadda yadda.....is she getting enough air? what does she idle at? clean the throttle body.....check the exhaust for any discoloration.....the basis for how a car works is pretty simple.....air/fuel...combustion...exhaust.....if something is clogged then the car isn't going to run right....if the combustion isn't happening right...then the car won't run right....since you've taken care of the combustion part with new wires...and plugs...and I'm assuming there was no oil or other residue on the plugs when you removed them.....only other thing I can think of is to monitor the air/fuel going in...and get a gauge to see what's coming out.....

laosboyroy
07-15-2003, 11:36 PM
fuel pump? maybe something clogging exhaust? too much goin in...and not enough to allow for all of it to go out? I dunno...i'm just BSing right now...but if it sounds like it's choking...ya know?

If you use process of elimination.....

Plugs = New
Wires = New
Fuel Filter = New...

yadda yadda yadda.....is she getting enough air? what does she idle at? clean the throttle body.....check the exhaust for any discoloration.....the basis for how a car works is pretty simple.....air/fuel...combustion...exhaust.....if something is clogged then the car isn't going to run right....if the combustion isn't happening right...then the car won't run right....since you've taken care of the combustion part with new wires...and plugs...and I'm assuming there was no oil or other residue on the plugs when you removed them.....only other thing I can think of is to monitor the air/fuel going in...and get a gauge to see what's coming out.....
thanks for the assist but ill just wait till i can do somethin about it but for now moey is at the bottom of the barrel :cry: