PDA

View Full Version : Galant

sinister6000
07-13-2003, 03:44 PM
<span style='color:green'>Alright. since i own a diamante and i basically know nothing about a galant except for the way they look you could all probally fill me in. just curious do they make the new ones in a manual. and correct me if i'm wrong do they have an option for a 6 & 4 cyclinder engine in a manual. thanks p.s. please don't kill me if these are stupid questions. probally could of done a search but didn't.</span>

Supernova
07-13-2003, 04:16 PM
In the 8g Galant there is no manual tranny whatsoever. They do have 6 and 4 cyl engins.

Proud Galant Driver
07-13-2003, 05:14 PM
you can do a swap for a 3g eclipse manual tranny though.

and if im not mistaken your v6 is the same as ours but i think yours is a little more beefed up. not sure though.

bstnsportsfan
07-13-2003, 05:47 PM
Moved to General post & Information for 8g https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Mazarin
07-13-2003, 06:04 PM
There is ONE factory 5-speed out of Normal, IL.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

RedGalant2k1
07-13-2003, 06:17 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mazarin)</div><div class='quotemain'>There is ONE factory 5-speed out of Normal, IL.

Correct me if I'm wrong.</div>

Thats correct...there was supposedly a few more but they had mechanical issues.

sinister6000
07-13-2003, 06:26 PM
<span style='color:green'>so your guys 6 is a 6g72 engine also.</span>

Supernova
07-13-2003, 07:17 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedGalant2k1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mazarin)</div><div class='quotemain'>There is ONE factory 5-speed out of Normal, IL.

Thats correct...there was supposedly a few more but they had mechanical issues.</div>

Why'd they do this and not mass produce it?

Auto-9
07-13-2003, 10:51 PM
There are 8g Galants produced with manual transmissions. However, they are not sold in the United States. My apologies for the members that just assumed you defaulted to the U.S. models only.

Danger DANJ
07-14-2003, 08:03 AM
[quote=sinister6000]<span style='color:green'>so your guys 6 is a 6g72 engine also.</span>

Yup, same engine.

pinoyesv6
07-14-2003, 08:07 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Supernova)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedGalant2k1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mazarin)</div><div class='quotemain'>There is ONE factory 5-speed out of Normal, IL.

Thats correct...there was supposedly a few more but they had mechanical issues.</div>

Why'd they do this and not mass produce it?</div>

why mass produce a car thats gonna cause alot of problems? thats just suicide, selling shitty cars on purpose...

Auto-9
07-14-2003, 09:26 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>
why mass produce a car thats gonna cause alot of problems? thats just suicide, selling shitty cars on purpose...</div>

One look at Club 3G's problem reports forum and you'll know why I say, "so why'd they do it?" :wink:

Evofreak7
07-16-2003, 02:01 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedGalant2k1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mazarin)</div><div class='quotemain'>There is ONE factory 5-speed out of Normal, IL.

I have searched high and low but everyone at the plant doesn't seem to know it's whereabouts.

or I would of bought it by now https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

DragginWagon
07-16-2003, 08:16 AM
[quote=sinister6000]<span style='color:green'>so your guys 6 is a 6g72 engine also.</span>

Yup, same engine.

Where are you guys gettin parts? Like air delivery and all that shiznizzle.

DragginWagon
07-16-2003, 08:19 AM
you can do a swap for a 3g eclipse manual tranny though.

and if im not mistaken your v6 is the same as ours but i think yours is a little more beefed up. not sure though.

Uh, which side of the engine bay does your engine sit? IE where's your accessories lay? Ours (Diamante's, well, first gen Diamante's anyway...) sit so the accessories are on the left side of the car.