PDA

View Full Version : have some 4g63t questions

fstrthnu
07-14-2003, 10:24 AM
Ok, after much thinking and debating...I've decided to sell my turbo kit for the galant and get a low milage jdm cyclone complete engine instead. I've already located one for a decent price and gave the guy a deposit, picking it up this weekend. So if everything looks good and the compression checks out it's mine.

The question I have is this: The guy told me a 1g eclipse or 2g harness will work fine. But what about the ecu? 1g or 2g? And will either harness plug into either ecu? Can I use my MAS?

I will be posting in the for sale section all of my turbo stuff. Basically it's everything you need to put a turbo on a galant except for boost gauge, egt gauge, air/fuel gauge, fmic, downpipe, s-afc and ic piping b/c that stuff is already on my car. I just wanted to give you guys first dibs before I put it on ebay or dsmtrader.

here's a list of parts:
16g turbo- no shaft play, ported
2g exhaust manifold- ported
2g O2 sensor housing - ported with dump tube mod
450cc blue top injectors
2g oil pan
resistor pack for injectors
2g smic
oil/water lines
extra turbo exhaust housing-unported
extra O2 sensor housing-unported
complete 4g64 engine with high miles :wink:

Not a complete list but will post everything in the for sale section tonight with prices. Thanks for your time. -John

sabzi5858
07-15-2003, 06:13 PM
if you want things to go smoother, use the 2g stuff, craig did and told me he had practically no problems. i, on the other hand used the 1g ecu and harness and have had to redo a whole lot of the wiring, so, your call.