PDA

View Full Version : Where is the fresh air intake for the vent system on the 8G?

Gilhuly
07-14-2003, 10:34 AM
This is a difficult search on the message board.

pinoyesv6
07-14-2003, 10:36 AM
the stock intake?

that lil scoop next to the intake. you see it and it goes down and connects to the lower have of the air box.

Fishboy55
07-14-2003, 01:53 PM
Not that intake...fresh air...it's the holes under the wipers...that leads to the filter which is behind the glove box...I think that's what he's talking about Allan...

Gilhuly
07-16-2003, 02:45 PM
Correct oh fishy one. Under that plastic "wiper cover" on th passenger side there is a large oval opening that is protected from the elements that is the fresh air intake. I found a mouse nest behind the cabin air filter behind the glove box. It was starting to smell kinda funky so i was tearing everything apart to make sure nothing died in there

balln8g
07-16-2003, 02:55 PM
Correct oh fishy one. Under that plastic "wiper cover" on th passenger side there is a large oval opening that is protected from the elements that is the fresh air intake. I found a mouse nest behind the cabin air filter behind the glove box. It was starting to smell kinda funky so i was tearing everything apart to make sure nothing died in there

WTF.....how did that get in there....LOL

Gilhuly
07-16-2003, 03:06 PM
Definitely through the opening under the wipers. Those things can get almost anywhere. I had mouse shit on the intake plenum. I live in the country, sort of. Mice everywhere. I've got three of them living in my lawn mower

Titanium2K2
07-16-2003, 04:47 PM
ROFL...that's the funniest thing I've heard in awhile :laughing:

Auto-9
07-16-2003, 04:50 PM
Holy crap https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif Well...I guess Car and Driver will no longer be making jokes about a family of squirrels living in the hood scoop of an STi. God knows it might actually happen https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Danger DANJ
07-18-2003, 05:48 AM
That's funny. My mother has her old car, an '89 Buick LeSabre, just sitting in her yard. My Father went to see if it would start since it had been sitting for so long and he found a mouse living in the glove compartment. The car's manuals were all shredded up into a nest.

djl421
07-28-2003, 10:14 PM
Same story for my mom. She had her car in a garage for a couple of days and two mice built a home there. They also chewed through the wiper fluid hoses. A mechanic told her that there is some sort of scent in the fluid that we can't smell but the mice could and this is why they stay there.

JohnThaMackMikins
07-29-2003, 10:45 AM
I Just bought that filter from the dealer yesterday...those bastards charged me like 45 bucks! I would have felt better if they would have just pulled a pistol out on me....