PDA

View Full Version : SERIOUS trunk modifications

Calie
07-14-2003, 04:06 PM
has anyone attempted this before?

im goin to be putting two 10" Power Acoustik FUBR 1800 watt subwoofer on the rear deck in place of the two 6x9's. im gonaa be doing all the fiberglassing myself, so i had to remove the 2 long metal trunk supports. My friend, who owns a car shop back home (home = CA, im in VA for now) told me to use the gas charged shocks (like the ones used to open up the hatch in an Integra) but i dont see how to mount them in the back of the galant. so what i was wondering si if any of you guys know where to attach the shocks so that my lid opens properly.thanks Calie

matrix8228
07-14-2003, 04:17 PM
umm....good luck with that...

Danger DANJ
07-14-2003, 09:06 PM
I've been meaning to put some gas shocks in to hold my trunk lid for a long time, but I keep putting it off. I have a few ideas of how to mount it, but I'm not sure what length shock I would need.

Ken_
07-15-2003, 08:45 PM
Check out this link. We removed the trunk bars in order to cut out the center of the back deck. We used linear actuators to raise and lower the deck lid.

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/tweetergalant/l...otos.yahoo.com/ ('http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/tweetergalant/lst?.dir=/install&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/')

galantv600
07-15-2003, 10:30 PM
holy shit dude that is crazy!!!!! if u dont win shows with that then judges are stupid!!! damnnnnnnnnnn all u need now are rims! and u done!!!! well drop and kit! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif but the sound part is done! ! how much $ u spend?!?

Ken_
07-16-2003, 12:58 AM
thanks dude. Rims should be on by next week, suspension a week later. We are thinking about a kit and a custom spoiler.

As for cost, unforunatly we have decided not to discuss how much we have into it. The most important thing is that everyone who has seen and or heard it has loved it. We will continue to add pics as we finish the car.

BIGMONEYDAY
07-16-2003, 04:17 AM
Hey Ken, to help us lesser mortals out a little...what size actuators did you use in your install. That length will give me an idea of what size gas shocks to consider for trying this mod. But eventually i'll be using actuators too. Ain't nothing like having your trunk open/close with a push of a button.

gost2002es
07-17-2003, 12:56 AM
i am seriously thinking about a custom enclosure, my friend wants to build it for me but i might let tweeter do it. im going with all audiobahn. ::thumbsup::

ccm84
07-21-2003, 07:36 AM
Please, no audiobahn. Every audiobahn I ever used in my old system sounded like crap compared to modern speakers/subs. For speakers now, I recommend nothing but MTX. Subs change car to car though ;-)

Danger DANJ
07-21-2003, 10:38 AM
Holy shit balls! That is one hell of a setup. Those actuators look sweet. I'd also like to know what size they are.

Reyne19
07-21-2003, 09:21 PM
How much for the actuator and how long are they? I took out my bars to fit deeper speakers and im going to break my neck one day going in the trunk!!!SLAM.

galantv600
07-22-2003, 01:16 AM
oen thing i did notice now that i looked at the pics.. how will u change ur taillights or tail light bulbs if they burn out? just a ? that i had...

Danger DANJ
07-22-2003, 11:14 AM
oen thing i did notice now that i looked at the pics.. how will u change ur taillights or tail light bulbs if they burn out? just a ? that i had...

Hmmm... That's a good question. It looks like the material covering the trunk is leather or vinyl or something like that. I'm guessing it can be pulled back like the factory carpet can.

galantv600
07-22-2003, 04:10 PM
Hmmm... That's a good question. It looks like the material covering the trunk is leather or vinyl or something like that. I'm guessing it can be pulled back like the factory carpet can.

LETS HOPE SO!!! cause to me it looksl ike the amps n stuff are too much in the way to get the screws that hold the tail in... but hopefully it is accesible

VINDAGIN
12-09-2003, 09:38 AM
heart is pumping bump bumpbump bump bumpbumpbump bummmmmmmmmmp.........dead!!!!!!!!!! that is the sickest system ever created good shit

RollinBishiStyle
12-09-2003, 04:28 PM
Good god man :shock: i bet that quakes :!:

Ken_
12-18-2003, 09:05 PM
Sorry for late response.

The Acuators are 8".

The brake lights can be removed from the outside. The housing has been re fabbed so it can be wiggled loose. The new vinyl can not be pulled back.(I wish).

Stay tuned for phase II. We will start rebuilding in January. Several have asked if we are going to sell off the parts that are being replaced...maybe. I will post if we decide to release them. Thanks for checkin out the ride....

ragingduck
12-25-2003, 10:05 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galantv600)</div><div class='quotemain'>oen thing i did notice now that i looked at the pics.. how will u change ur taillights or tail light bulbs if they burn out? Â*just a ? that i had...</div>

Hmmm... That's a good question. It looks like the material covering the trunk is leather or vinyl or something like that. I'm guessing it can be pulled back like the factory carpet can.</div>

Can i just say your Galant looks sick!!! :shock: very nice!

Danger DANJ
12-26-2003, 04:15 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ragingduck)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galantv600)</div><div class='quotemain'>oen thing i did notice now that i looked at the pics.. how will u change ur taillights or tail light bulbs if they burn out? Â*just a ? that i had...</div>

Hmmm... That's a good question. It looks like the material covering the trunk is leather or vinyl or something like that. I'm guessing it can be pulled back like the factory carpet can.</div>

Can i just say your Galant looks sick!!! :shock: very nice!</div>

Are you talking about mine or Ken's? If you are talking about mine, then thank you, I appreciate it.

VIO
12-26-2003, 05:18 PM
Ken_..... I still hate you because your car looks so sick.

Ken_
12-26-2003, 07:15 PM
Thanks Yo! We keep doin this stuff for you guys! Thanks for compliments.