PDA

View Full Version : install question

hush
09-02-2002, 10:27 PM
i just got a hard wired hands-free kit for my car . please let me know an easy way to run the wires from the intirior cabin to the battery. thanks https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

pinoyesv6
09-02-2002, 10:44 PM
im guessing ur mounting the hands free in the center console area. jsut run the wires to the back if the accessory jack and tap for power there

hush
09-03-2002, 06:10 AM
Please explain further, I would prefer it it to be in the engine well instead. thank you.

ChromeGalant
09-03-2002, 06:59 AM
I agree with Pinoy..

Why do you prefer it in the engine compatment?
Like he said just tap into something fused and switched with accessory.. like the lighter socket..

pinoyesv6
09-03-2002, 07:59 AM
this is how u hard wire it to the back of the acessory outlet. ur hands free kit has a positive and negative lead. the back of the accesory plug has positive and negative. just match them and just splice the wires into that.

i mean i believe its gonna be overkill to run a wire all the way to the battery for some small thing like a hands free kit unless u already have stuff already tapped into the interior for other things. i mean if u run power to the battery, u got to run wire all around the car, get it through the firewall, get it to the battery. then u got to add a fuse. too much work. just tap the power from like the fuse box or the acessory jack and u should be str8