PDA

View Full Version : Coilovers - whats required? (camber kit)

Niytrus
07-15-2003, 10:24 AM
K well, I just got my Ground Control Coilovers, going to put them on next weekend im thinking. Anyways, besides upgrading my shocks & struts, is there anything else I am going to need to do? I already plan on getting an alignment after I put them on, but I am wondering if I need any sort of chamber kit, or anything else? Thanks in advance guys!

hsinya
07-15-2003, 04:01 PM
u need a camber kit on the rear if you're gonna drop more than 1 inch, front should be ok

Niytrus
07-15-2003, 04:02 PM
good thing you told me, because I would have installed them with out one... whats a chamber kit run for?

J
07-15-2003, 04:34 PM
camber kit.

to adjust the camber on the wheel. the way the wheel is angled top to bottom.

Niytrus
07-15-2003, 04:35 PM
k coo, know what a chamber kit is ganna run me for? As in how much $$ is ganna have to come out of my pocket? https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

hsinya
07-15-2003, 05:00 PM
"camber kit"

should go for as little as $40 up to $150 depending on brand and where u buy it from. search around. eibach and progress makes camber kits, theres some others i dont know off the top of my head

lx4life
07-15-2003, 09:01 PM
i notice you said you have the ground controls, well if you upgrade on struts make sure you get the right struts because i know ground control make them specifially for agx, koni and stocks struts. just make sure you get the right struts, i heard you can mod it to fit, if you do get the wrong struts. cause i am ordering ground control soon but i have to get a certain kinda that is made for the agx's. so just keep that in mind when looking for struts i would email ground control and ask them. also about the camber kit go to www.spcperformance.com theywil run you about 80-90 shipped to your house. for front and rear camber kit but i would just order the rear cause the front you can adjust a little the rear you cannot without the camber kit.

Niytrus
07-16-2003, 12:22 PM
thanks for hte info everyone, really appreciate it. Now you mentioned what struts would work - well, right now im not exactly overflowing at the pockets with cash, so I was planning on riding out on the stock struts untill i cant take it anymore. Will the stock work the the GC's? Let me know, thanks guys. And I think I will just get that chamber kit.... Think I should get the front kit as well? Or would it be worth it?

lx4life
07-16-2003, 01:34 PM
i have the front one i can sell you, for 25.00 shipped if you wantit. io got it from spc.

Niytrus
07-16-2003, 01:36 PM
alright, will it do me any good though?

Auto-9
07-16-2003, 04:47 PM
What the heck is a chamber kit? I realize there's a possibility of it being a typo or misunderstanding but just in case I'd like to know what a chamber kit is. Not trying to be funny here, so no funny ideas Kho 8)

Niytrus
07-16-2003, 04:51 PM
camber kit.

type-o, my fault :oops:

Khopari
07-16-2003, 05:41 PM
What the heck is a chamber kit? I realize there's a possibility of it being a typo or misunderstanding but just in case I'd like to know what a chamber kit is. Not trying to be funny here, so no funny ideas Kho 8)

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif peter u got shii for brain but u got jokes,, j/.k :duh: :laughing:

lx4life
07-16-2003, 07:23 PM
yes but you still need the rear ones because you have ground control and depends how low you were planning on going also. i am not going that low with my ground controls cause i am getting a body kit. i will peobably drop it around 2 inch max. i just want to be able to raise it a little higher in th winter cause when i put the stocks on the lower is going to be lower than w/ my 20's.

Niytrus
07-17-2003, 01:41 AM
k, well im not going more than 2" in front. Anyways - as for shocks - important that I upgrade right away? Or does it really matter?